Couple of Lazy, Crazy, Hazy Days of Summer

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Outdoors, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Two summer shots outlining what we have most around here (north east of the city).

Comments and critiques always appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2007
  2. ga_d_five-o

ga_d_five-o

May 13, 2006
    NE GA, USA
    I love the sweeping sky in #1 and how far to the horizon.
    Scenes like these have the colors that inspired Van Gogh.

#2 nice balance of light and shadows. The brick looks great. I like the smallness of the church.
    Very nice.

(I believe that's "Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer", but we'll let you slide this time!)
    :)

3. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    I like the first one, Dan. Your use of the trees to "guard" the edges funnels my view off into forever. That's a neat sky too.

4. Great shots, Dan! Uxbridge?? Nothing better than a summer day in the countryside.

5. yamo

yamo

Jun 28, 2007
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Greetings. I really like the first shot... particularly how the shape of the clouds and the haystacks have similar shapes and placement mirror each other. Nice composition. It seems overall a bit dark (which may be display artifacts) but especially compared to the foreground grass in the second photo. For my tastes I'd crop the second photo from the right to and including the sign in the foreground. All that shadow is a bit heavy...

It's interesting to see summer from a completely different perspective than what I'm used to.

Cheers,

-Yamo-

6. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. Thanks for the Feedback!

These are both, 3 concessions north of highway #7 (Elgin Mills) just east of Warden Ave. Sort of the first country you can now see north of the city, what with all of the development going on.

Still working on my post processing skills and often tend to under / overdo it. Cropping is another skill I am working on so I really appreciate the feedback!

Thanks!

Made the suggested changes and I will also post the Hayfield scene on
    https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/sho...d.php?t=118952

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017