Couple of old lenses

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Iliah, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    70-210/4 and 75-300/4..5.6
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi iliah-

that last shot is a nice juxtaposition of three generations. the frozen propellers are disconcerting though, it looks like the plane's on its way to the ground.

big dust spot in the upper right :)

ricky

3. Hi Iliah, nice images you have there. Quite a tangle of planes on that last one. Nicely done.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wow Iliah,

The clarity on the Fox is fantastic. Quite an assortment of planes.

Stirring the ol' LLD folks :>))))

5. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Fox is taken at ISO 640 (D2X). Wild life on Sakhalin Island is in pretty pitiful state, animals are hungry, skinny, lost some of the pride. Foxes are standing near the roads, begging for food. They eat pretty much everything. Heart-breakig, actually.

Tupolevs' planes - ISO 500, and the air was filled with hot gases. The right one is "White Swan", NATO name is "Black Jack". It is TU-160 Putin was flying in for 5 hours. The middle one is TU-204C ("cargo" version). The left one, turbojet, is TU-95 "Bear". Those planes are not exactly different generations, they are more of a different purpose. I think those interested can look that up :)

6. Any PP noise reduction applied, Iliah? Those are some fabulous shots, and the noise seems to be not quite as bad as we are led to believe :)
    Shame about those poor foxes though....

7. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    No noise reduction at all. Processed through Phase I in RML, and resized/converted to sRGB in PS. Moreover, the images are downsized in a crude way, using bicubic sharper setting in one step. I think correct exposure, high resolution of the camera, and f/8..f/11 do sum up :)