Couple of test images....

A Friend of mine asked me to look at creating a couple Montages for him.
I've played with these so much that i'm starting to feel like i'm going backwards.
It would be good if the folks around here would tell me what they thought of these images....

Are They to dark?
To light?
Don't make ant sense?
To ugly?
Just plan BAD?

Thanks in advance

40750208.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 6191 :lol: :lol:

Doug, the first one is fantastic!

Not so sure about the second one, but only because I can't figure out what's in the pic with the daisies. It looks like a big booby.* That pic also looks a little light or it maybe lacking a little contrast.

Having said that, please take this critique with a large grain of salt. The standard of your images, and hence your eye for this sort of thing, is far in excess of my own. As such, I would suggest you trust your own judgement over my very suspect one. :D

Neil

* Not to be confused with our own Boobie Joe. Although now that I think about it :)

NeilCam said:
Doug, the first one is fantastic!

Not so sure about the second one, but only because I can't figure out what's in the pic with the daisies. It looks like a big booby.* That pic also looks a little light or it maybe lacking a little contrast.

Having said that, please take this critique with a large grain of salt. The standard of your images, and hence your eye for this sort of thing, is far in excess of my own. As such, I would suggest you trust your own judgement over my very suspect one. :D

Neil

* Not to be confused with our own Boobie Joe. Although now that I think about it :)

Hi Neil:
Thanks for the comments on the images. I agree the first one is the better of the two... I'm just not sure what to do to make it better as it seems to be missing SOMETHING...

My favorite is the first but even here I think it could be improved if the bottom third of the girls face were somewhat visible. The second one is an inigma in that I can't find anything to lite on. The daisy's are ethereal but the are not the subject in my oppinion and I can't find out what is. You are good at pushing the envelope Doug so I could be out in left field. The most creative thing I do is selective focus.

Hi Doug,

I can't comment on the first constructivly. I do not care for that type of image. To much doom and gloom for me.

I like the blue daisies, however, seems not to have a direction. Focus point.

With that said. The client might want this and what we think has no meaning.

For some reason this does not follow your usual artistic, and creative self.

Not that one has to stay the same. Change makes us grow.

Best Regards
Gale

Doug,

I wasn't ignoring your question, but I've been out and about this weekend. I tried to get through all of the posts last night, but fell asleep. :oops:

I am a terrible judge of artistic content, but I'll give it a go. I really like the first. If I hadn't read some of the other comments, I would say that the first is very good, and I don't understand the second. So, rather that base my feedback on others, I'll let my initial thoughts stand. :wink:

I just wish that I could even begin to think up such compositions, but it will just never be. I don't have the knack.

Frank

Hi Gale and Frank and Gordon....
Thanks for your thoughts and your input.
These images and this thread have been a GOOD THING for me.
I say this because I brought some strange stuff out of the closet and got the feed back I wanted.
Now I can put it back in the closet and go back to my NORMAL life....lol
But at the end of the day, I’m glad I did them as they made me think a little and try and figure out where the limits are and what works and what does not.
I countered this (short) phase by going out tonight and shooting a very attractive young lady in the dark (light Painting). So I'll now process her images and stay the hell away from the crazy stuff.....lol
Thanks again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Real Name
Chris
Hey Doug - Number two made me look for a long time as I tried, unsuccessfully to put meaning to the thing behind the flowers. At first glance, I just put this one down to too much special effects, but the more I looked, the feeling that I SHOULD KNOW what it is grew.

It's menacing, I fear for the flowers, and it's moving fast. Changing maybe, I can't grasp it, and it seems that neither could you, the creator. I guess it is an effective picture, but on a different level than the first one, which is very pretty by the way.

gho

I like the first one, but I think its a bit too subtle. Maybe if you moved the face into one of the dark spots and kept it a subtle dark color?

The second one? I have no idea what it is. I looked and looked but didn't see it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom