couple of test shots before the shoot...

Well, I sucked up to another Nikon Cafe member and... guess who's playing with a D2X!! Teehee... having way too much fun, though I do find it a bit of an adjustment outdoors after working with the D200... all me, just need to find a rhythm with the camera.

So I often will ask one of my boys to stand in quickly before a shoot to check lighting... this is my peanut (who loves mommy so much, he happily tore himself away from Diego to do this). aww... lol!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(some fool taught the child to say CHEESE...)

this was kinda fun... never actually done it in camera (just in post)... only converted and adjust levels in Lightroom.

Dona, I love that first one...great feel and wonderful PP...

I like the last one too...I just wish I could see a tad more of his face/body outlined...rather than fading into the background...JMHO, of course. I like the toning that you have going on...

Brian: My big issue is low light focusing. I've lost countless shots because even my D200 sometimes has difficulty following an active kiddo in the studio.

JBL: That last one was a total fluke. Kinda fun though :)

Gordon: Well, you're welcome to come and play :)

Real fun shots Donamari.

I just love the first one!!

My daughter is all too familiar with the stand-in lighting setup routine.

Regards,

Nice test shoot Donamari. Seems you came away with a money shot with #1. I like the "you want some a dis" look in #3.

Oh no not CHEESE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone! Now the challenge is to get a similar companion shot of the 9 year old. I'm thinking, canvas.

Laura... OK from you especially, that made my day.

Woody... 'you're right your right, I know you're right'.

Oh look at you and your little I get to play with a D2X.......I guess they are ok..:wink: or should I say a magic bullet for nikon and great studio lighting? Im just kidding with ya. All great shots really, now I know who will be buying a D2Xs real soon.:wink:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom