couple of test shots before the shoot...

Discussion in 'People' started by fyreflie24, Jun 12, 2007.

1. fyreflie24

fyreflie24

Jun 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Well, I sucked up to another Nikon Cafe member and... guess who's playing with a D2X!! Teehee... having way too much fun, though I do find it a bit of an adjustment outdoors after working with the D200... all me, just need to find a rhythm with the camera.

So I often will ask one of my boys to stand in quickly before a shoot to check lighting... this is my peanut (who loves mommy so much, he happily tore himself away from Diego to do this). aww... lol!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (some fool taught the child to say CHEESE...)

this was kinda fun... never actually done it in camera (just in post)... only converted and adjust levels in Lightroom.
    [​IMG]

2. Dona, I love that first one...great feel and wonderful PP...

I like the last one too...I just wish I could see a tad more of his face/body outlined...rather than fading into the background...JMHO, of course. I like the toning that you have going on...

3. You have quite the little model there Donamari. Nice shots. I sure wish I could try out a D2x.

4. The first is very nice. The D2X is quite a camera... I got to play with one for a few months and did this comparison with the D50
    https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=118033

All in all, if money were no object, I'd keep the D2X but given the differences for the buck... the D2X isn't justifiable for me. It's hard to replace the D50 :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. fyreflie24

fyreflie24

Jun 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Brian: My big issue is low light focusing. I've lost countless shots because even my D200 sometimes has difficulty following an active kiddo in the studio.

JBL: That last one was a total fluke. Kinda fun though :)

Gordon: Well, you're welcome to come and play :)

6. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Real fun shots Donamari.

I just love the first one!!

My daughter is all too familiar with the stand-in lighting setup routine.

Regards,

7. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Nice test shoot Donamari. Seems you came away with a money shot with #1. I like the "you want some a dis" look in #3.

Oh no not CHEESE!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2007
  8. holy crap the first one is AWESOME i LOVE it

9. fyreflie24

fyreflie24

Jun 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Thanks everyone! Now the challenge is to get a similar companion shot of the 9 year old. I'm thinking, canvas.

Laura... OK from you especially, that made my day.

Woody... 'you're right your right, I know you're right'.

10. e30mike

e30mike Guest

First shot is my favorite, very nice!

11. Oh look at you and your little I get to play with a D2X.......I guess they are ok..:wink: or should I say a magic bullet for nikon and great studio lighting? Im just kidding with ya. All great shots really, now I know who will be buying a D2Xs real soon.:wink: