Couple shots with the new Portra 160

Behaves very much like the Portra 400...no surprise there. Glad to have a slower option :smile:

Mamiya 645AF

5709312218_cc990c8133_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yeah, definitely a great set!
I like them very much.
How did you scan them? How would you describe the grain compared to Ektar and Prtro 400?

Yeah, definitely a great set!
I like them very much.
How did you scan them? How would you describe the grain compared to Ektar and Prtro 400?

Thanks, Martin. I scanned using an Epson V750 Pro.

The new 160 is not as fine grained as Ektar, but it's close enough, and it won't matter too much in prints anyway. Definitely a little less grain than it's 400 speed sister/brother.

Where do you find such places???????????????????????????????????????

They're all over the place here in Austin. A plethora of spots! You should make a visit to CenTex soon. We can grab some coffee/beer/tea and do a photo walk. :smile:

Thanks, Martin. I scanned using an Epson V750 Pro.

The new 160 is not as fine grained as Ektar, but it's close enough, and it won't matter too much in prints anyway. Definitely a little less grain than it's 400 speed sister/brother.

Hi Phillip: a couple of questions, please:

1. Are you using Epson's scanning software, Vuescan, or Silverfast?
2. Are you using ColorNeg? If so, what film profile are you using: I guess the new Portra Professional is not the same as either Portra NC or VC

I'm seriously thinking of switching from Ektar 100 to the new Portra, I have some in my B&H wish list :smile:

Great shots, keep 'em coming

Peter

Here are some from my first roll of Portra 160 (Nikon F80, Nikkor 35/2). I don't have a scanner, so I just do 3EUR/roll scans at my local lab.

survivors
5737427514_94ec917c01_z.png

home
View attachment 899143

shoes, start walking!
5737428744_f9ddbe1bf6_z.png

reflections
View attachment 899145

Real Name
Chris
I like that layout a lot Francis! Very cool - it compliments the scene.

I'm curious about your camera. What viewfinder do you use? I ask because you get great composition for your portrait formatted pictures - something very difficult with the wlf on a 645.

Hi Phillip: a couple of questions, please:

1. Are you using Epson's scanning software, Vuescan, or Silverfast?
2. Are you using ColorNeg? If so, what film profile are you using: I guess the new Portra Professional is not the same as either Portra NC or VC

I'm seriously thinking of switching from Ektar 100 to the new Portra, I have some in my B&H wish list :smile:

Great shots, keep 'em coming

Peter

I am using the Epson included software. Simple to use and very effective!

Not sure what ColorNeg is, but I don't use it. Try some of the new 160, I think you'll like it.

I like that layout a lot Francis! Very cool - it compliments the scene.

I'm curious about your camera. What viewfinder do you use? I ask because you get great composition for your portrait formatted pictures - something very difficult with the wlf on a 645.

I upgraded to the AF, remember? It's got a standard viewfinder :biggrin:

I tried many a time to do portrait orientation with the m645 and boy was that lousy and difficult. :tongue:

Real Name
Chris
Oh yeah - the AF has a built in prism, ... right! I finally got a non-metered prism for mine. You are right - it takes the pain out of vertical shots. But I still wish there was an M645 lensed 6x6 camera.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom