1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Couples Event Triple-D Game Farm-meet Dewey's and Thiel's

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Retief, Nov 11, 2014.

1. The Triple D Game Farm is setting up a special Couples Event for 1/30/2015 - 2/2/2015. This SO new they don't even have it posted yet, but we already have 2 couples signed up, my wife and I as well as Jim Thiel and his wife. Just meeting the four of us is worth the price, right???? ;)  This may be your only chance to actually laugh at me in person :D 

Let me know of your interest, and if you have any other questions. I am not sure how quickly this may fill once it goes up on the site, but if we could fill it with just "friends" I would sure be a happy camper. For full disclosure, I am getting nothing out of this, other than the joy of going, this is not a trip I put together, it was just a happy coincidence when I could not make the dates for a different trip. More particulars, this is in Kalispell, MT, you could easily take extra days and head up to Glacier, it is rather close. Why do I mention this? Simple, Long Underwear may be useful, we will be out shooting 4-6 hours per day and the temperatures that time of year are normally rather chilly. There is an airport close by, we will be flying in, accommodations are close as well.

So, on to the real stars of the show, these are the animals we hope to photograph, with snow on the ground:
    Snow Leopard
    Tundra and Arctic wolf
    Arctic and Red Fox
    Mountain Lion
    Badger

The plan is to photograph these animals the first 3 days, the 4th day, 2/2, is reserved in the event we have bad weather. If we don't have bad weather, we can photograph additional animals the last day at a reduced rate of $125 per animal.

Cost for the trip is pretty darned good, less than any other trip I have seen there. $1500 per couple, if both photograph. $950 if one photographs and the other just watches.

At this time there is space left for 3 more couples, there is plenty of room at the venues to shoot. For those of you who are not familiar with Triple D there are no fences between you and the animals, when we were there last my 400mm was often too long for anything but head shots. This trip I will be using my 80-400 and 70-200, Nancy will have the V3 with the 70-300 CX.

I know this is not a Nikon video, but a buddy sent me this last night and strangely enough it was shot at the Triple D. It shows 2 of the venues, and the proximity to the animals:
    Video

Here are a couple of images from the trip Nancy and I took:
    p1722747776-5.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And one of Nancy's:
    p1662724331-5.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Hey, that Canon pro in that video is a good friend of mine! LOL! HE's never invited me to join him at Triple D, though! LOL!

3. Well, what do you expect? You did note he is a Canon shooter after all! Here I am, a Nikon shooter, inviting you along!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.