Cover Photo Skating Magazine

I am not sure if this belongs in Sports - but that is where I will put it.

I take a lot of figure skating photos and do a lot of work with US Figure Skating. Over the years have been fortunate to have a number of my photos published in Skating Magazine - the official magazine of US Figure Skating. There were more this month, and that never gets old.

But this month, the magazine cover is a photo I took! And before you ask, yes I was paid for it... :)

COVER1-Small.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Very nice. Congratulations. I took photos at the John Hancock Champions on Ice Tour in 2005 and 2006, but only as a spectator. It would be an amazing experience to have modern camera gear and long enough lens to do it well. I used a 70-200/2.8 lens which was fast, but not nearly long enough.

Congrats!

Glenn
Thanks Glenn!
Very cool, and definitely a cover-worthy photo! Congratulations!
Thanks! I was actually standing on a 10 ft ladder on the ice when I took that.
Congratulations. Well done.
Thanks Allan!
Superb image! WELL deserved!!!!!! Kudos!
Thanks!
Very nice. Congratulations. I took photos at the John Hancock Champions on Ice Tour in 2005 and 2006, but only as a spectator. It would be an amazing experience to have modern camera gear and long enough lens to do it well. I used a 70-200/2.8 lens which was fast, but not nearly long enough.
I normally shoot with a 70-200/2.8 but I am typically ice level, center ice (or within the blue lines) either beside or in the middle of the officials.. Normal camera is D500 but for pairs I switch to D5.
That's wonderful.
Thanks Terri!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Congrats Kevin.
It sure is a superb picture.

Kind regards
Klaus

Sure doesn't look like you were standing on such a high ladder!
Actually it may have been 8 feet... but on a ladder on ice with a few dollars in camera equipment it might as well have been. I was moving very slowly... lol
Congrats Kevin.
It sure is a superb picture.

Kind regards
Klaus
I appreciate that Klaus!

That's a wonderful portrait! Congrats!
Thanks Mitchell!

Congratulation Kevin!!!
Thanks!
Congrats and well done!
Thanks!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Thanks for sharing. Wonderful to see. I have seen a few of my images out in the wild. (lliterally). But having a cover on anyth8ng is so nice. Congratulations.

Thanks for sharing. Wonderful to see. I have seen a few of my images out in the wild. (lliterally). But having a cover on anyth8ng is so nice. Congratulations.
I know the photographer who normally does the cover, and I am in awe of his abilities. I have been working with USFS for years, and just before COVID hit, they contracted with me for all their social media photos for a national event, and now this. I am hoping this grows a little more before I hang up the shutter :) Thanks!

Awesome- well done!! 😁
Thank you Lyndee!
Congratulations Kevin. I know you have been at this a while and remember when you posted a picture you took of Irina Slutskaya with your D70. I really enjoyed taking a look at that shot as well.
Wow, I had forgotten all about that one. I started with the D70 taking photos of my twins practicing. They would look at the photos and tell me which ones they liked and which they did not. It was from there I learned how to do this. Well, that and about 7 million figure skating captures lol.... Thanks!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom