Covid-19 New Zealand blog

Day 1, went for a walk.

View attachment 1657807

In the evening a couple who bought a G6 off me a day before lockdown mention collecting the camera from me on their podcast. It's a bit long but check out 2:40.
The fog reminds me of summer evenings as a youngster, when a county vehicle would come by our house every other week or so, fogging for mosquito control. No air conditioning then, and unless we were quick, the inside of the house was fumigated too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The fog reminds me of summer evenings as a youngster, when a county vehicle would come by our house every other week or so, fogging for mosquito control. No air conditioning then, and unless we were quick, the inside of the house was fumigated too.
Must have had real insect problems there for them to need to do that. I never knew it was used so extensively.

I'm afraid my family back in South Africa are going to have a long and painful time. They go into "21 day" lockdown today and they aren't even doing that properly. The thing is, so many people rely on public transport and can't afford to stockpile but having 7 people per van is still going to ensure the disease spreads like wildfire.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This was 50s, 60s and early 70s.
Don't worry, they were fogging DDT.... That is where the raptors went in the 1960's Happily they have come back from the brink. In the '70 seeing a bald eagle up where I live was a rarity, now hundreds hang out at the compost dump every winter.

Cheers
alexis and Georgie Beagle

" Rachel Carlson's book "Silent Spring" was a great influence when I was a young pup" - Georgie Beagle

Well today Iris, my photography test dummy became "Viris".

Dark thoughts for Saturday morning. Then we went for a walk.

Last edited:
Real Name
Philip Armitage
our walk today

Real Name
Maurie Hill
Well I’ve spent the last few in-isolation days sitting outside, camera in hand, watching the sky - shooting clouds against the azure blue sky for Luminar Sky Replacement stock. What to do for the next 25 days?

Must have had real insect problems there for them to need to do that. I never knew it was used so extensively.
Yes, from dusk to dawn, one was at their mercy. And this was rural farm land, not a swamp area. Wise campers would have mosquito netting, lest they become a feast of the tiny terrors.

Well I'm happy to have an appointment with the emergency dental clinic today - I've had enough of clove oil and pain-killers to help me sleep.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom