Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

I rarely take medications at all so no chances of me pre-medicating before I get my injection this afternoon! I did figure that if I had discomfort later that I might want to take something, and Aleve (Naprosyn) is my usual choice if something hurts. Aspirin and Tylenol don't seem to do much for me and at this point I don't even have any in the house. Fortunately I have a high tolerance level for pain and what some people might consider really painful I think of as "discomfort." I'm hoping that I won't have any more than tolerable discomfort with a bit of a sore arm or shoulder and that this is the end of it!

Home, all safely jabbed! The injection seemed to hurt less than the flu shot, but that may be due to the skill of the nurse administering this one.....although I did hear others commenting much the same. So far no issues, thank goodness. They have a very efficient system set up, and it all went smoothly -- I had more problems finding the actual building and where to park than I did anything else! It's one of those multi-building complexes and has basically one entrance, so that then there is the drive through the parking lot until one gets to the vicinity of the correct building and after that goes to the appropriate parking lot on another level.....a bit tricky, but fortunately I had left home in plenty of time so even with a little fumbling around as I looked for parking, I arrived at my destination on time and was promptly checked in.

I received the Moderna vaccine and now will need to wait until the week of February 18th to receive the second one. Glad to have Part I over!

I got my second Moderna vaccination 2 days ago. No reaction to the first vaccine except for severe injection site pain lasting 24 hours and relieved with motrin. I've had a pretty significant reaction to my second dose. Fever (102.5), chills, body aches for the past 48 hours. I think I may be feeling a bit better today, but it's too early to tell.
I was very tired the next day after my second shot, but fine today. My wife got her second shot yesterday (day after I did) and she is having a harder time with it, more along the lines of what you are reporting. Her temp topped out at 101 but she has been in bed all day.

As noted above my wife already got her first dose of the Moderna vaccine. Her only side effect was a mild ache at the injection site. I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. My experience mirrors hers, just a mild ache.

The vaccine rollout here in Colorado has been mostly well managed.

Today was the first day people over65 could register, The web site was pretty crowded but my wife and I finally registered. We will get an email 3-5 days from now so we sign up for an appointment. It must be a pretty general appointment as I don't see how they could accommodate thousands of people for specific times over the internet.

Today was the first day people over65 could register, The web site was pretty crowded but my wife and I finally registered. We will get an email 3-5 days from now so we sign up for an appointment. It must be a pretty general appointment as I don't see how they could accommodate thousands of people for specific times over the internet.
Our appointments were made via the online site for our doctors' employer, UHCHealth. We had accounts there so we got emails directing us to their online appointment page. We signed up for a specific appointment time. Folks without accounts were encouraged to get them. Those without accounts who could not (or did not want to) set up an account were handled over the phone. I wish all my interactions with businesses and government agencies were this simple and hassle free.

Some discomfort in my left arm around the injection site area, which I was expecting -- it's not bad enough that I feel the need to take something, but definitely this is not the day to do a lot of vigorous activity with my arms! As long as I can still pick up and hold a camera, I'm golden.....

Now, roll on to February, when I get that second dose! Thanks to comments here and other places, I have a good idea of what to expect and so will be prepared for a couple of days of "down time" before being back to normal!

Last edited:
Just saw this thread. Today in NH is the first day for 1B sign ups. We called for my mom (94), on the 211 number and started the registration process - she gets an email and has to setup an appointment.

My wife, who is under 65, but has other medical conditions that put her more at risk, automatically received an email this morning from the hospital that our primary care is associated with (and then later, another hospital that we have used some time). I guess they are reviewing patients that are not in the 1B bucket, but have conditions, and automatically contacting them. My wife went on-line and registered, and will be getting her first shot later today!

Back from the 65+ 1st dose of Moderna vaccine. Thus far, no apparent DNA change enabling aliens to beam me up.

The procedure here is by appointment only, and is very efficient. My wife and I are already scheduled for the 2nd dose, pending availability.

Friends from the area I used to live are in an every person for themself situation ranging from 1st come to complete the questionnaire and we will then determine your status. 🙄

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
My part of Tn is still allowing only health care providers and +75............. That is true for about 95% of the state.

My next-door neighbor is 80 years old. He registered two weeks ago and received an email at the time indicating that they were out of vaccine. He still has not heard from them despite that Connie, who lives in the same county, registered later and has already received her first shot. Hmmmm. When I told him about Connie, he decided to try calling the county.

My next-door neighbor is 80 years old. He registered two weeks ago and received an email at the time indicating that they were out of vaccine. He still has not heard from them despite that Connie, who lives in the same county, registered later and has already received her first shot. Hmmmm. When I told him about Connie, he decided to try calling the county.
That's very interesting...... I registered on the first day registration for group 1b was available -- not an early riser, so did it early in the afternoon, if I recall correctly -- and got an email back acknowledging acceptance of that registration and then then a few days later got another email with the link to the page to actually schedule the time and date for the administration of the vaccine. I also discovered later that I had received a phone call, too, a day or two prior to the email, but missed hearing the call come in and didn't notice that I had new voicemail. I didn't schedule my appointment for early in the week, figuring there would be a mad rush, and scheduled for after the MLK holiday and Inauguration Day were both over, figuring that those who would have the day off from work (if they were working) could benefit from being able to go on one of those days. Aside from that I wanted to watch the inauguration on television on Wednesday, anyway! So I selected yesterday for fairly early in the afternoon and that worked out fine. There were other people in my age category there coming-and-going and a few younger people as well (one woman was in scrubs, so she must've missed out on the earlier administrations to medical personnel).

I agree that it would be a good idea for your neighbor to call the health department or to send an email inquiring about the status of things. Presumably he would be going to the same location that I did, the building in Annandale where the office for our district is located. (Right now they have closed all the district offices to their regular services, funneling the people who use those services to the main facility in Fairfax, thus freeing up the several district locations around the county for solely vaccination administrations.)

Yesterday I was told that I will receive an email about a week prior to when my next dose can be administered, and again it will provide the link to schedule my appointment. I had wondered what would happen if availability were limited, and checked to see whether or not one has to have the second dose exactly within perimeters of a particular time frame or if it can stretch out through a longer period. If there's no vaccine available to administer, we can't get a second dose on time, obviously. Fortunately the time frame for the second dose is specified as being any time after 28 days of the first dose, so a delay on that end won't be critical. Nonetheless I still hope that there will not be a shortage and that I will be able to schedule my second dose shortly following that 28 days.....

I hope your neighbor gets through to them and is able to schedule an appointment soon!

Last edited:
Mike, glad to hear that your neighbor got through to the county health department folks on the phone! Good that he has not fallen through the cracks, but it does seem to me that it would be more urgent for an 80-year-old to get vaccinated as opposed to someone five years younger! I hope his turn comes up very soon.....

Doug, although my upper left arm has been uncomfortable today it hasn't been to the extent that I've felt I needed to take anything for pain relief -- so the Aleve remains in its bottle. Then again, I have not done anything particularly strenuous today, either, just used my arms in normal activities around the house......

As noted above my wife already got her first dose of the Moderna vaccine. Her only side effect was a mild ache at the injection site. I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. My experience mirrors hers, just a mild ache.

Depends where you are in Co

Depends where you are in Co
Good for you & your wife, Doug. Perhaps because CO Springs has good access via its airport, etc.? As J-L mentioned, up in Crested Butte and down here in GJ, we're still awaiting the promised doses. The local authorities are doing their best. Looking forward to being able to join in to Colorado's Phase 1B.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom