Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

Florida is a mess. We have vaccinated about 40,000 people that are not even state residents. People were flying in internationally to get a shot.
They just clamped down a little bit last week- you at least have to be a resident or seasonal resident.
A state's doses are allotted at least partially based on population, and if you give 40,000 doses away we should not be surprised many older residents cannot get an appointment. It is a mess.
gary

I'm always skeptical that any government will implement anything effectively when it is their first time at it. Considering the massive scale of this operation, it's no surprise in the least that so many logistics are messed up.
I'm always skeptical any massive operation, performed for the first time, by any group goes anywhere near as planned.

Real Name
Randy
My 1st Moderna shot is tommorow and no one knows what could happen since I'm on Keytruda (which is kicking my *** everyday, my 7th ER visit was last Wednesday, not a pretty site to see what it's done to me )

Real Name
Phil
My 1st Moderna shot is tommorow and no one knows what could happen since I'm on Keytruda (which is kicking my *** everyday, my 7th ER visit was last Wednesday, not a pretty site to see what it's done to me )
Take care Randy! Sorry to hear that you are suffering from Keytruda. It's is usually quite well tolerated.

I had the first shot middle of last week, Moderna. Little bit of arm discomfort, I took a Tylenol once that helped. I'm pretty sure that after the second dose I will be able to see the lizard people who live amongst us and I should be able to communicate telepathically with other shot recipients. That'll be fun.

Real Name
Ken
I had the first shot middle of last week, Moderna. Little bit of arm discomfort, I took a Tylenol once that helped. I'm pretty sure that after the second dose I will be able to see the lizard people who live amongst us and I should be able to communicate telepathically with other shot recipients. That'll be fun.
I thought only the shingles vaccine did that! Well, that and having an endoscopic procedure without sedation. :rolleyes:

Good luck,

--Ken

I've heard that the Shingles vaccination can knock people for a loop, too..... Ugh!! A couple of people on MacRumors have had the second dose of either Moderna or Pfizer and their reports definitely make it clear that the recipient needs to plan a day or two at home probably in bed or on the sofa, the side effects are that intense. Ouch, not looking forward to when I goet my second dose and go through this in mid-February!!

Randy, good luck to you and I hope all goes well with your vaccination and that you don't have any repercussions other than the normal side effects reported by most of us. Sore arm at injection site, maybe a bit of fatigue....

Real Name
Randy
Good luck.
thanks
I've heard that the Shingles vaccination can knock people for a loop, too..... Ugh!! A couple of people on MacRumors have had the second dose of either Moderna or Pfizer and their reports definitely make it clear that the recipient needs to plan a day or two at home probably in bed or on the sofa, the side effects are that intense. Ouch, not looking forward to when I goet my second dose and go through this in mid-February!!

Randy, good luck to you and I hope all goes well with your vaccination and that you don't have any repercussions other than the normal side effects reported by most of us. Sore arm at injection site, maybe a bit of fatigue....
thanks

I've never had any problem whatsoever with any vaccine including either of the two shingles vaccines. Once I get scheduled for the COVID vaccine, I hope my luck holds up.

On a related issue, when I upgraded my drop art kit a few months ago I spent considerable time emailing about the many details with the person selling the equipment to me. I learned just yesterday that COVID really put him through the ringer. Beginning in March, he spent three months in the hospital, one month in a coma, three times in the ICU and was twice listed in critical condition. When he finally left the hospital, he was too weak to walk. He's apparently doing fine now, but what a horror story! I can't wait to get vaccinated.

Last edited:
Exactly, Mike! I happily accepted some discomfort in my upper arm for a day or so, some mild fatigue.....and will equally accept (probably not happily, though!) spending a day or two after my second dose of Moderna lying around the house not doing much of anything, feeling distinctly unwell, because, yes, that is the preferable alternative to being in the hospital on a ventilator or being left with long-term, perhaps permanent damage to my body and organs from COVID-19.....

And, yes again, after I'm all through dealing with the COVID-19 vaccine situation then I'll address the next biggie, the Shingles vaccine..... :)

Real Name
Ken
Yes, my doctor did say that the shingles vaccine can pack a wallop. But first things first, I need to get my COVID vaccine, and as I am in the B3 group, it may be another month or two.

--Ken

Paperwork filled out and working on getting an appointment. This is not easy as the slots fill up within minutes of opening up. Next slots will be on Feb. 4th and I am keeping my fingers crossed. The web site keeps crashing because of the overload.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom