Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

In our cases both first and second shot appointments were made at the same time. Seems like a sensible approach.
Certainly, if the provider is assured of getting the vaccine at the right time. In our case, the pharmacist at the Kroger store said she only got 100 doses of Moderna that week, and had a few left over after vaccinating the store employees. This was the first batch she got and she had no idea then what she would be getting in future.

She got Pfizer the next week, so they're second shots (three weeks) and ours (four weeks) coincided in the same week. They are very busy this week!

Real Name
Bill Walderman
That is what they reported yesterday. This morning they are now reporting 13,698 doses for the same week. As I mentioned, their data isn't to be trusted.
Yes, I saw that. Doses were supposed to be increasing, but it doesn't look like it. For the ~41,000 who registered on 1/18, the backlog is little changed. You must have gotten up very early, Mike, before the morning systems crash.

To be fair, for the local health districts that switch over to the state system, the intent is that the state system simply grabs the data and everything for the registrant continues as usual with no need for anyone that has already registered to register a second time.
I hope that it works as advertised.
I was the victim/tech in the middle of some of these data transfers between systems, and it can get ugly.

Final report on my second vaccination: I had another low point yesterday afternoon late, feeling a bit achy and cold, but a couple of glasses of wine and a solid meal put that right. I feel back to normal this morning except for a slightly sore shoulder.

My wife never reported anything but a sore shoulder.

So the effects lasted a bit over 24 hours.

Last edited:
So the effects last a bit over 24 hours.
Glad you had such minimal symptoms- but it will be different for each of us.
I was moderately sick for a day, didn't feel completely ok for 3-4 days.
My wife had no symptoms at all, shoulder wasn't even sore the next day.
I have physician friends that never miss work- and were home sick in bed for 2 days after 2nd shot.
Your mileage may vary.
gary

2nd shot yesterday, Moderna. Efficient production line they set up at my Drs office. Show up, hand them the little white card, they ask name and date of birth. Asked to uncover my arm, easy...I was wearing a tee-shirt. Get poked, sit for 15 mins. It's a small town so I got to chat with a couple of friends I haven't seen since this thing started. That was nice.
Last night had some minor arm ache, this morning feeling tired, minor aches all over. Took a Tylenol, expect I'll feel fine later. Talked to a couple of distant friends who got 2nd shots yesterday, one Moderna the other got Pfizer. Same story on post shot experiences. Makes me wonder if we're not all being pre-conditioned to experience the same symptoms.

I have had both Pfizer and had ZERO reaction to either shot, other than sore arm.
Shot #1.. nothing as I massaged the injection site as I would for flu or other.
shot # 2.. did the same but the arm got pretty sore that day but the next morning, all was good and nothing additional to report.
(From Washington State)

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Weird situation here in Southern Germany.
Our county gets only 500 doses per week.
And you must be 70 years old or older.
My wife, a skilled care giver, get no vaccination but is tested 3 times a week.

Stay healthy
Klaus

My wife and I were scheduled for our second Moderna shot at 10:25 this morning, but a forecast for an ice storm in our area caused cancellation today and rescheduling our shots for Monday at the same time. Irony is that the forecast turned out to be wrong and there was no ice, but it is understandable that authorities rescheduled ahead of what could have been a disaster.

I'm taking my wife in tomorrow for her 2nd shot :)
Then 1-1/2 weeks till my 2nd shot.

Update 2/22
We got fouled up. The bad weather messed up the vaccine delivery, so my wife's 2nd shot was postponed.

Last edited:
The facility is in the old Montgomery Ward building. UC Health turned it into a large health services campus. UC Health is the best managed "system" I've done business with.
Well nobody can tell that Colorado is well organised concerning this vaccine , here in my county everybody has to fill one application online, then you receive a text telling you the you are on a waiting list .....Everybody here is on a waiting list and no vaccine, only a few health care workers have had one shot ......

Well nobody can tell that Colorado is well organised concerning this vaccine , here in my county everybody has to fill one application online, then you receive a text telling you the you are on a waiting list .....Everybody here is on a waiting list and no vaccine, only a few health care workers have had one shot ......
I offer no judgement on the state. My experience is limited to my health care provider and they are well organized. What part of the state are you in? Wishing you good luck in your quest.

I offer no judgement on the state. My experience is limited to my health care provider and they are well organized. What part of the state are you in? Wishing you good luck in your quest.
Its not a question of luck it is question of lack of vaccine ...there are almost none here .... since when someone has to get lucky to get a vaccine? no luck no vaccine ?:( ........( and u know i live in Crested Butte )

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom