Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

Real Name
Ken
Yes. keyword is careful. We have been very careful, whole family has shielded us. Have seen daughter 4 times in 13 months, about the same for the rest of my children, all within 60 miles. Daughter is managing 325 COVID tracers, and it is not going real well. Now the states want to open up. Not good.
Sounds like you have a handle on things. I hope all goes well and it is an enjoyable visit.

--Ken

Finally got my second Moderna jab today! It seems that it wasn't my imagination, there were indeed some glitches at the health center I went to last time for the first injection, and then bad weather and a temporary shortage of vaccine was also an issue, so I was far from alone in being unable to get my second inoculation at the time I would have normally done so. I suspect that there were enough complaints and requests that finally the county made another health center close to where I live available, although that had not originally been in the plans. So now I'm done with this, thank goodness! So far no issues, but it's only been a couple of hours.

I also learned that the county is now primarily administering Pfizer -- probably easier to obtain -- and that's good. The more people who can readily and quickly get vaccinated, the better for everyone.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Today Alaska announced that the vaccine is now open to anyone who shows up. To-date about 70 percent of persons 65+ have been vaccinated and about 1/3 of all adults in the state.
Evidence that some states could handle the situation just fine......others couldn't and NEED Federal help.........................

Real Name
Dan
Evidence that some states could handle the situation just fine......others couldn't and NEED Federal help.........................
Alaska has also done nearly twice as much testing per capita than any other state. Which means they've got some of the best statistical data available.

Real Name
Dan
There are some signs of hope. This from the weekly covid update published by the state of Alaska:

Case rates have seen sharp declines in communities and areas where many Alaskans have been vaccinated, such as in the Yukon-Kuskokwim region. The speed of this decline is most likely attributable to a high rate of vaccination. Case rates are expected to decline as communities receive more vaccines to distribute and more Alaskans choose to get vaccinated.

Nothing yet, by the time my Government gets around to it, it will all be a distant memory. The worry meter is pretty low at about 2/5.

Got our second (Moderna) shots today. So far so good. I sacrificed 2 2013 Narwhal stouts to my second poke (get it?) and dedicated the imbibe to my ophthalmologist, Bill, who is battling cancer as we speak. He gave me the beer some 2-3 years ago. It's working for me and I hope for him too.
Made a big pot of ginger, carrot, lentil soup with lots of turmeric and black pepper—seems to be working too, as is the Yakima Valley, WA, Riesling.

I've been trying just about every day to make an appointment for me and my wife.
Today I got lucky.
We have two appointments set up for our first shot on Wed. Mar 10.
Went to my appointment last Wed.
After waiting an hour they announced their shipment of vaccine did not arrive.
Have been checking every day.
Yesterday I was able to schedule a Pfizer vaccination for Sat. March 20.
2nd shot scheduled for Sat. Apr. 10.
This location has had a lot of referrals from friends of mine.
Funny thing is, I've been checking it every day and finally yesterday it said there were openings.
It is about a half hour drive there but worth it if they have it.

I get my 2nd Pfizer this Fri 19th. I'm giving it the recommended couple weeks to kick in, then Sat Apr 3rd I'm going to a real sit down indoor restaurant with my favorite lady friend! She'll be 2 weeks past her 2nd Pfizer too.

This past weekend, my wife wanted to go to her favorite restaurant. I said NO.
She had her post 2-week time, I only had 1 week of mine.
Since we are seniors and high risk, I am not going to push the limits. I will wait the full TWO weeks.
Better safe than sorry. COVID is a very bad "sorry" to have.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I got my second Moderna shot yesterday. My arm is very sore and I feel just a little achy today......but no serious discomfort.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom