Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

I don’t know if I will be getting any of the vaccines anytime soon. I just got over having COVID, and I’m not sure of the effects of getting the vaccine after already having the virus.

I was fortunate, while I fought a fever for nearly 2 weeks, I didn’t have any other symptoms other than muscle aches and a slight headache at times. Now, it’s just a matter of getting my strength back.

I don’t know if I will be getting any of the vaccines anytime soon. I just got over having COVID, and I’m not sure of the effects of getting the vaccine after already having the virus.

I was fortunate, while I fought a fever for nearly 2 weeks, I didn’t have any other symptoms other than muscle aches and a slight headache at times. Now, it’s just a matter of getting my strength back.
WOW Dave. Glad you're on the mend. (y)

Going out with masks - my simple recommendation is putting on masks at all time, not just going indoors and crowded places,

That's fine for people who live in a city, but where we live that is totally unnecessary. On my 1.5-hour walk today I saw three people and spoke with them from a distance of about 20 feet. That's the way most of my days are. I don't think I've had a mask on in two or three weeks.

I don't think I've had a mask on in two or three weeks.

When the pandemic began, I planned to go to the grocery store no more than once a week. Since then I've never gone less than twice each week and sometimes three times. That's an improvement over going a couple times in a day, though my record is three times in the same day. It's the hazard of living a block away from the grocery store.

When the pandemic began, I planned to go to the grocery store no more than once a week. Since then I've never gone less than twice each week and sometimes three times. That's an improvement over going a couple times in a day, though my record is three times in the same day. It's the hazard of living a block away from the grocery store.
New to me is being invited to join the wine sales crew at my local wine store for their weekly sampling. All are Covid "safe" and I have joined them for their last 3 "tastings". I'm ahappy.

My wife has been doing all the grocery shopping recently. She goes once or twice a week. But it's a 15-mile round trip for us, not just around the block.

I use curbside wine pickup at two stores. All of my other wine purchases are made online and delivered to my home or, once my wife returns to her office, to there. The only times I used delivery by the grocery store was when I and my wife self-quarantined as a requirement by Vermont immediately before vacationing there.

Real Name
Ken
Wife got her second Pfizer shot yesterday and is feeling nauseated and exhausted this morning. Hope it clears up for her soon.

--Ken

Even during the shutdown I still went to the grocery store, which is only about a mile from here. It just seemed silly to use delivery for that and I prefer selecting my own groceries to having someone else choose them and then me pick them up curbside. In the beginning I only went to the store every couple of weeks, masked and gloved, and then eventually just masked, but still using plenty of hand sanitizer both in the store and out of it. Now I go about once a week or every ten days, and that works out well for me. Also during the shutdown I began using Amazon much more extensively than I had previously, and began purchasing items that normally I would've gone to a local store to get. Now I'm really spoiled by the convenience and speediness of Amazon delivery!

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
I have not visited any store for over a year, except once last year when I had to go to a pharmacy. On that occasion I wore an FFP3 (=N99) mask, plus face shield and gloves. I use the same equipment when refuelling my car.
I see no point in taking risks. A combination of food deliveries, Amazon, and the postman provide everything.
When out walking I avoid people by at least 5m (15 feet) and when that is not possible I use the FFP3 mask. I am always alert to the dangers of cyclists and runners.
When I went to the hospital for the vaccine I was better protected than anyone else there including the medical staff.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom