Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

I saw in The Washington Post yesterday that at the recommendation of the CDC, the US, including the DC/MD/VA area, has put a temporary pause on administering the J&J vaccine due to concerns over a few cases and at least one death in this country of people developing rare blood clots, similar to what has been reported in Europe with the Astra-Zeneca vaccine. In some instances appointments for yesterday were canceled or postponed to another, later date but in other cases people were offered a different vaccine instead, either Moderna or Pfizer, if it was available at the same site.

Last edited:
I saw in The Washington Post yesterday that the DC/MD/VA area has put a temporary pause on administering the J&J vaccine due to concerns over a few cases in the US of people developing rare blood clots, similar to what has been reported in Europe with the Astra-Zeneca vaccine. In some instances appointments for yesterday were canceled or postponed to another, later date but in other cases people were offered a different vaccine instead, either Modern or Pfizer, if it was available at the same site.

Yes, Virginia has "paused" administering the J&J vaccine pending study.

Last edited:
According to the Post, the CDC recommendation of a pause was to give researchers time to investigate more thoroughly. While there is definitely cause for concern, the majority of recipients of that vaccine should be fine.

Real Name
Ken
I received the J&J vaccine in early March. Had an immune response, but no other unusual side effects. Sunday I tested positive for COVID, and have had considerable difficulty breathing the last 48 hours, but it seems to be improving a little today. If the vaccine is actually preventing serious effects of COVID I would probably be on a ventilator or dead by now without it. Maybe I am just one of the few for whom the vaccine did not prove to be effective, or I caught a variant that can bypass the immunization. Probably will never know...

Anyway, moral of the story is even when vaccinated, don’t let your guard down. I did not, still caught it, and it was severe enough to land me in the ER gasping for air.
As a fellow J&J recipient, thank you for sharing this, and I am sorry to hear that you tested positive despite taking precautions. I wish you a strong and speedy recovery.

--Ken

According to the Post, the CDC recommendation of a pause was to give researchers time to investigate more thoroughly. While there is definitely cause for concern, the majority of recipients of that vaccine should be fine.
But would you want to be one of the 6.....

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
Maybe here in Italy I might get a shot for Christmas, with a second dose for Easter 2022. Here in Europe the vaccination program is pure disaster.

Real Name
Ken
Maybe here in Italy I might get a shot for Christmas, with a second dose for Easter 2022. Here in Europe the vaccination program is pure disaster.
I feel so sorry for you. I realize that attempting mass vaccinations is not logistically easy, but you would think that there would be better progress in places like Italy.

Hang in there,

--Ken

I feel so sorry for you. I realize that attempting mass vaccinations is not logistically easy, but you would think that there would be better progress in places like Italy.
It's Europe in it's entirety unfortunately and not a reflection upon any one country

Real Name
Don Roy
Anyway... It's so nice to be vaccinated, brings some piece of mind in this new world. Some things stay the same though. Tomorrow I turn 75! I will take my 'spirit walk' alone in the local foothills as I've done for the past 10 years since moving to Abq, then I'll bake myself a German Chocolate cake, my favorite.

Anyway... It's so nice to be vaccinated, brings some piece of mind in this new world. Some things stay the same though. Tomorrow I turn 75! I will take my 'spirit walk' alone in the local foothills as I've done for the past 10 years...

Congratulations and enjoy your walk! Wish I could join you.

Anyway... It's so nice to be vaccinated, brings some piece of mind in this new world. Some things stay the same though. Tomorrow I turn 75! I will take my 'spirit walk' alone in the local foothills as I've done for the past 10 years since moving to Abq, then I'll bake myself a German Chocolate cake, my favorite.
Happy 75th, Don. Science, and a sense of humor, have taken good care of us. Enjoy your cake and eat it with a smile. We'll be with you in spirit on your walk!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom