Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

Connie I have a relative that works for OSHA. I ain't doin it. Not safe.
Getting COVID ain't safe either...as evidenced by this thread and my personal experiences.

A close friend of ours (42 years old and in otherwise good health) died earlier this week of COVID. My aunt died of COVID earlier this month. A friend of mine got COVID in December and still isn't well--looks like he's a long hauler. Another close friend of mine (65 years old and in good health otherwise) spent 27 days at the Mayo Clinic and nearly died of COVID. My next door neighbor contracted COVID and spent 9 days in the hospital with clots in his lungs.

Speaking of OSHA, OSHA weighed in on vaccines not too long ago. OSHA "does encourage employers to make vaccines available at no cost to eligible employees or, at the very least, to provide information and training on the benefits and safety of vaccinations."

Fortunately, the vaccine has enabled a good number of people to resume a life with more normalcy.

Glenn

Last edited:
Real Name
Ken
Well, things have escalated pretty quickly. No pneumonia and minimal collapsed lung, but was admitted to the covid wing because I need O2 to keep breathing under control and for cardiac monitoring. A high percentage of COVID infections result in heart damage even if asymptomatic, and with a family history of heart issues they want to stay on top of it. Labs do not point to serious cardiac issues, but I haven’t gotten the echocardiogram results yet...
I am so looking forward to hearing that more good health news has come your way. Hang in there and keep focused on healing! There are a lot of folks on this thread pulling for you.

--Ken

Real Name
Aaron
I am so looking forward to hearing that more good health news has come your way. Hang in there and keep focused on healing! There are a lot of folks on this thread pulling for you.

--Ken
I started Remdesivir treatment yesterday and will stay at least a couple more days in the hospital to continue doses (one per day). I’m not feeling any better today, unfortunately. Still short of breath most of the time. Labs indicate considerable blood clot activity being resolved. The food is good, or at least I think it is; I can’t taste or smell anything.

Real Name
Ken
I started Remdesivir treatment yesterday and will stay at least a couple more days in the hospital to continue doses (one per day). I’m not feeling any better today, unfortunately. Still short of breath most of the time. Labs indicate considerable blood clot activity being resolved. The food is good, or at least I think it is; I can’t taste or smell anything.
Despite it not being desirable, I am glad they are keeping you in the hospital where you can get what you need ASAP until you are on more stable footing. I never thought of a bright side for losing your sense of smell and taste buds, but I guess if you are being fed institutional food, it has its moments. My wife always reminded me to find at least one thing each day that I was grateful for when I was quite ill. Some days it took a very wicked sense of humor to find a couple of items, but it did help me stay positive in my journey back to better health. I hope you continue to have progress as you heal.

--Ken

I already know of people who've died due to covid leaving their spouse and children behind. Even if I'm low risk for severe sickness, as a parent the pros vastly outweigh the cons of the first generation vaccines. Just hearing the stories and hardships that surviving family members deal with, it just doesn't sound like a burden I'd like to leave behind. On top of that there are numerous articles, research papers and online resources that go into detail how all these different vaccines work. At this point, everyone should be an amateur virologists! If anything I have an even greater appreciation of STEM and all the great minds working around the world.

Last edited:
If, as is being mentioned here-and-there in the media, at some point there could be a "vaccine passport" or federal, state and local regulations set in place requiring people to have been vaccinated before being allowed to enter government properties, public facilities, businesses and schools, travel on public transportation, and/or participate in specific activities such as sports, this could be quite problematic for those who are resisting vaccination.

Real Name
Andrew
This one is definitely worse than the first.
Shoulder is still pretty achey and a low level headache still persists. Tiredness is more than the previous shot as well.

shoulder ache woke me up twice last night.

staying hydrated, resting and stretching a lot.

Pfizer shot #2

Real Name
Aaron
Looks like I get to go home today! Currently receiving my last dose of antiviral therapy as I type this. I have been cautioned that getting back to normal may take a long time (a few months). What I have seen the last few days is that I will feel good for an hour or two, but then need 18+ hours of recovery time before I feel well again. For someone without any health issues or risk factors, COVID really hit me hard. I cannot imagine trying to fight this along with other health issues.

Real Name
Ken
Looks like I get to go home today! Currently receiving my last dose of antiviral therapy as I type this. I have been cautioned that getting back to normal may take a long time (a few months). What I have seen the last few days is that I will feel good for an hour or two, but then need 18+ hours of recovery time before I feel well again. For someone without any health issues or risk factors, COVID really hit me hard. I cannot imagine trying to fight this along with other health issues.
Glad to hear this good news. FWIW, Steve Perry got hit pretty hard w/COVID and was moments away from being put on a ventilator. He went home w/oxygen and needed it just to walk across the room. It has been about a month or two out and he is now walking several miles a day at normal pace without any assistance. So, I hope your recovery is as strong as his if not stronger.

--Ken

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom