Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

From today on people over 60 years old will be vaccinated...got the schedule for the first shot of Astrazenca
It's interesting to realize how different the approval of vaccinations is in different parts of the world. As two examples, Astrazeneca hasn't even applied for approval in America and the federal goal was for all of America to be scheduling vaccinations now for anyone 16 or older. I don't know how much of America is meeting that goal but it happened where I live.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
It's interesting to realize how different the approval of vaccinations is in different parts of the world. As two examples, Astrazeneca hasn't even applied for approval in America and the federal goal was for all of America to be scheduling vaccinations now for anyone 16 or older. I don't know how much of America is meeting that goal but it happened where I live.
Younger people, like my wife and youngest daughter were vaccinated with Biontech Pfizer several weeks ago. My wife is skilled care giver and my daughter assistant in a neurology clinic. My elder daughter is assistant at a dentist clinic is still not able to be vaccinated. Perhaps in some weeks… :wideyed:
And Emma is running around free… :p

Kind regards
Klaus

I read this the other day. In Arizona 300 fully vaccinated people have caught covid-19 and one has died.
Yes...the vaccine isn't 100% effective.

According to the CDC, there have been 5,800 people in the United States who have become infected despite being fully vaccinated. This is out of the 77 million people who have received both doses. So, 0.0074% of fully vaccinated people have become infected by the virus. Of the 5,800 people infected, 396 required hospitalization (0.000005%) and 74 died (0.00000096%).

The total of these "break through cases" represents a very small percentage of those who have been vaccinated. Breakthrough cases are expected. The vaccines are not 100% effective in preventing infections and as tens of millions of people are vaccinated, more and more such cases will be reported.

Glenn

I was rudely awakened out of a peaceful slumber this morning by my iPhone blaring an emergency alert. I grabbed it and looked: it was a Public Service Alert to let me and everyone else who has a cell phone know that as of today, in the Commonwealth of Virginia, anyone aged sixteen and over is eligible for vaccination against COVID-19. Since I'm already fully vaccinated and also already knew that today would be the start of opening eligibility to all, this news was not a surprise. It is good that the state is getting the word out to all by various means, and it's especially good to see that now teens 16 and up will be getting their jabs, now, which will make a difference in terms of eventually returning to full-time in-person schooling.

Real Name
Aaron
Yes...the vaccine isn't 100% effective.

According to the CDC, there have been 5,800 people in the United States who have become infected despite being fully vaccinated. This is out of the 77 million people who have received both doses. So, 0.0074% of fully vaccinated people have become infected by the virus. Of the 5,800 people infected, 396 required hospitalization (0.000005%) and 74 died (0.00000096%).

The total of these "break through cases" represents a very small percentage of those who have been vaccinated. Breakthrough cases are expected. The vaccines are not 100% effective in preventing infections and as tens of millions of people are vaccinated, more and more such cases will be reported.

Glenn
Breakthrough infections are exceedingly rare. The hospital I spent time in last week had not seen any other breakthroughs (their network serves over 1/3 of NC). The doctors seemed perplexed that I had been vaccinated but not alarmed (if they were were concerned they had a heck of a poker face!). I am not sure if my infection was reported to the state health dept or CDC, or if my samples were tested to determine the virus strain. I cannot even figure out who I could contact to ask about it...

Last edited:
I read this the other day. In Arizona 300 fully vaccinated people have caught covid-19 and one has died.

"The Arizona Department of Health Services is investigating 271 COVID-19 infections in patients who were vaccinated against the virus, 3 On Your Side has learned. Health officials call these "breakthrough" infections. Out of the 271 confirmed breakthrough cases in Arizona, ADHS says no deaths have been reported."

With 1.9 million Arizonans fully vaccinated, the breakthrough infections represent only 0.014% of that group. Even birth control is only 99% effective! :D

Sean

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom