Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

And it should not blunt your body's reaction to the shot - just your mind. :rolleyes:

--Ken
Bit of dialog from The Red Wedding episode of Game Of Thrones.

Caitlyn Stark (upon noting that Roose Bolton had refused wine): You don't drink, Lord Bolton?
Lord Bolton: I find that it dulls the senses.
Brynden Tully (Caitlyn's brother commonly called "The Blackfish"): Hell, that's the whole point! Excuse me. I've got to find a tree.

Last edited:
I'm getting Moderna No. 2 tomorrow afternoon. Made it through the first go-around with just a slightly sore arm for about 36 hours and am hoping it that's all the worse I'll face with the sequel. I'm a bit concerned, though. From both this forum and another I look at, it appears fever, chills, etc. is a fairly frequent side effect of shot No. 2.

Real Name
Aaron
I find myself back in the ER tonight with worsening COVID symptoms again. Many of my relatives (current and retired medical professionals) urged me to seek help again instead of wait it out. My breathing difficulties have not really let up but neurological symptoms have continued to increase with dizzyness, tremors, ‘brain fog’ and processing difficulties. It’s been worse than the severe concussion I had last year, coupled with breathing problems worse than the pneumonia I’ve had in the past. Also some wicked hiccups that kick in every night and last for hours. All this following hospitalization and antiviral treatment last week...

I find myself back in the ER tonight with worsening COVID symptoms again. Many of my relatives (current and retired medical professionals) urged me to seek help again instead of wait it out. My breathing difficulties have not really let up but neurological symptoms have continued to increase with dizzyness, tremors, ‘brain fog’ and processing difficulties. It’s been worse than the severe concussion I had last year, coupled with breathing problems worse than the pneumonia I’ve had in the past. Also some wicked hiccups that kick in every night and last for hours. All this following hospitalization and antiviral treatment last week...

Sorry to hear that. Hope you'll improve soon!

Sending you positive thoughts.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Aaron, stay strong.

I wish all the best and get healthy soon
Klaus

Real Name
Ken
So sorry to hear, and your relatives were wise to suggest seeking immediate treatment. I hope they get a handle on things quickly and that you start feeling better soon.

Hang in there - a lot of us are pulling for you,

--Ken

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
I'm getting Moderna No. 2 tomorrow afternoon. Made it through the first go-around with just a slightly sore arm for about 36 hours and am hoping it that's all the worse I'll face with the sequel. I'm a bit concerned, though. From both this forum and another I look at, it appears fever, chills, etc. is a fairly frequent side effect of shot No. 2.

I had zero issues with the 2nd Moderna shot. Hydrated well and stayed active. Everyone will react differently. Hope yours went well and you're feeling good!

Anyway... It's so nice to be vaccinated, brings some piece of mind in this new world. Some things stay the same though. Tomorrow I turn 75! I will take my 'spirit walk' alone in the local foothills as I've done for the past 10 years since moving to Abq, then I'll bake myself a German Chocolate cake, my favorite.
German Chocolate cake is my favorite, too!! Hope your birthday was a happy one.

Got my Moderna
COVID 19.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I had zero issues with the 2nd Moderna shot. Hydrated well and stayed active. Everyone will react differently. Hope yours went well and you're feeling good!

I was fine the rest of Thursday after getting the shot. Starting feeling ill a few hours after waking up on Friday and dealt with fever, chills and extreme fatigue the rest of the day.

Woke up at 3 a.m. Saturday completely drenched. Went back to bed and woke up at 8:30 feeling completely fine, and I have since then.

About 16 hours feeling unwell altogether. A small price to pay.

Real Name
Aaron
Quick update: readmitted to the hospital to treat lingering effects of COVID including chronic breathing difficulty and alarming neurological symptoms. Have had several episodes that present as stroke/TIA and seizures so I am getting all kinds of tests done to see what is going on. Latest scans shows new cardiac and lung issues, but they have ruled out a stroke. TIA is still a possibility. Added a breathing assistance machine to me today, which has helped. Tomorrow should be EEG tests for seizures. After that, they are recommending in-patient rehab to deal with all of the weaknesses brought on by battling this mess.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom