Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

That's my understanding too but with the caveat that getting a flu shot in the last week of October makes it more likely you will get a more appropriate cocktail that you would right now.
I am not a virologist, but my understanding is that 9 different flu shots have been approved by the fda this year.
They all work on the same 4 strains, which were chosen earlier in the year as a best guess. The strains covered will not change between now and the end of October- we can't work/change that fast.
Our hospital chains all require us to get the flu shot by oct 15, I got mine last week.
gary

We are in CA, my wife was able to get a third Moderna shot at CVS last week.
Did they require her to sign a waiver? They’ve got the Moderna booster here but require I sign a waiver stating I know it’s not FDA approved.

Got a flu shot today, FluAd, it’s got something called an adjuvant which is supposed to boost the immune response. Wasn’t planning on getting a shot today but when I got down to one of the city parks for to go for a walk they had a setup in the parking lot for shots. There was no one in line - not surprised given the antivax craziness where I live. They had two shots, a geezer version with the adjuvant and a normal one. They told me the geezer version is producing less side effects, I went for it. 8 hours later slight ache in my arm, nothing else noticeable. Chilly walk, had on my shorts and a tee shirt. This was not a good idea on a windy, wet day with 50f temperature.

Last edited:
I definitely am planning on getting the flu shot, of course -- I do it every year -- just a matter of balancing things out this year, though, with the Moderna booster, too. At my age catching either the flu or COVID-19 is simply not a good idea and although I do take precautions, wear a mask inside public places, don't really go a lot of places unless it is necessary, etc., I still want to protect myself as much as possible and an annual flu shot is certainly one way of doing so and has been for a number of years. So this autumn, yes, a COVID-19 booster will be added, too, at some point, whether before or after the flu shot.....

Real Name
Ken
I've got my annual physical and blood drawing letting, and flu shot coming up soon, so I might as well get my Moderna #3 (and oil and filter too) at the same time.
Do you really want to do the flu shot and the booster on the same day? Could leave you a bit wiped out.

--Ken

My wife and I got the flu vaccination early last week. Almost no effects.

The pharmacist at Kroger who administered the shot says they have plenty of Moderna vaccine and will notify us when they are authorized to administer boosters. So I guess we wait.

The good news is that Moderna provides the best protection against breakthrough infections of all the vaccines available.

Did they require her to sign a waiver? They’ve got the Moderna booster here but require I sign a waiver stating I know it’s not FDA approved.

Got a flu shot today, FluAd, it’s got something called an adjuvant which is supposed to boost the immune response. Wasn’t planning on getting a shot today but when I got down to one of the city parks for to go for a walk they had a setup in the parking lot for shots. There was no one in line - not surprised given the antivax craziness where I live. They had two shots, a geezer version with the adjuvant and a normal one. They told me the geezer version is producing less side effects, I went for it. 8 hours later slight ache in my arm, nothing else noticeable. Chilly walk, had on my shorts and a tee shirt. This was not a good idea on a windy, wet day with 50f temperature.
She is immuno comprimised, I should have mentioned that. It is approved for that.

It is really confusing out there.
The FDA has not, to my understanding, yet approved the moderna booster, yet I know people are getting it.
I could be wrong, but when I actually go to the fda site I can't find it. But several newspaper reports say it is approved. I'm just not sure.
I strongly suspect it will be approved in the next few weeks. I would get it myself
gary

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
The FDA has not, to my understanding, yet approved the moderna booster, yet I know people are getting it.
I could be wrong, but when I actually go to the fda site I can't find it. But several newspaper reports say it is approved. I'm just not sure.
I strongly suspect it will be approved in the next few weeks. I would get it myself
gary
This is my understand also. The Moderna official approval is imminent...... At this point, only Pfizer has "officially" been approved.

Still no FDA word on Moderna booster. I keep hearing that it may actually be 1/2 the dose of the original two shots.

I can confirm that there is no problem getting the flu vaccine at the same time as your Coronavirus booster. The way things are persisting, we may be getting a combined Flu/Coronavirus vaccine every year. You heard it first here at the Cafe!

gary
People are getting it, because the CDC recommends it.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/immuno.html

"CDC recommends the additional dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine be administered at least 28 days after a second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine."

Real Name
Tim
True, but only for" . . moderately to severely immunocompromised people. . ."

That's a broad definition....I have a cardiac condition that is rare but probably wouldn't be affected by C19 or any other viral infection however I was able to get mine (today) without issue...when I went in to get it they never even asked....

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom