Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

when I went in to get it they never even asked

The same thing happened in the case of my next-door neighbor who was told by her doctor to get the Pfizer booster once the CDC had approved it months ago only for people in special situations. It was actually the state's written, published policy that they wouldn't ask.

Real Name
Phil
Still no FDA word on Moderna booster. I keep hearing that it may actually be 1/2 the dose of the original two shots.

I can confirm that there is no problem getting the flu vaccine at the same time as your Coronavirus booster. The way things are persisting, we may be getting a combined Flu/Coronavirus vaccine every year. You heard it first here at the Cafe!
Yes, at least Moderna and Novavax are developing combined flu/COVID vaccine.

• Informative
Reactions: McQ

JLH

Wee got our Pfizer booster and the "heavy duty senior" flu vaccines ten days ago, one in each arm. Both of us felt a bit ragged the first 24 hours and then after 48 hours got back to more normal. (We had our original vaccines the end of Jan, first week of Feb.)
Side note: We headed out on our Fall tour with our ship (LST 325) last month. 100% of the crew had been fully vaccinated. At our first stop, a small town, we had 12,000 visitors through the ship. Well, inside a confined ship is a bad place to be. One third of our crew, 15 people, had "break through" cases of Covid. We had to cancel the rest of our trip and take the ship home. None of the cases required hospitalization however and most cases were mild to at most moderate. These are "old guys" 60 to 75 years old and high risk so the vaccine likely saved them. Darn right I got my booster!

Just had the second one tonight. Having to sit for 15 minutes. :)

20211011_201038.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This from the NY Times:
"The federal government is expected to take a significant step this week toward offering booster doses to a much wider range of Americans as advisers to the Food and Drug Administration meet on Thursday and Friday to discuss recipients of the Johnson & Johnson and Moderna coronavirus vaccines."

So hang on folks . .💉

I ended up getting my Pfizer booster Back on Aug 31st since I'm immune compromised and my wife was finally able to get her booster Pfizer jab Saturday morning at Walgreens. I did go with her and got my seasonal flu vaccine. Both my wife and I had similar reations to the booster shots, slight fever 100.8 and soreness/muscle aches that lasted about 1 1/2 days.

This from the NY Times:
"The federal government is expected to take a significant step this week toward offering booster doses to a much wider range of Americans as advisers to the Food and Drug Administration meet on Thursday and Friday to discuss recipients of the Johnson & Johnson and Moderna coronavirus vaccines."

So hang on folks . .💉

Good! I'm ready and more than willing!!! Bring on that Moderna booster, folks!

Real Name
Ken
Good! I'm ready and more than willing!!! Bring on that Moderna booster, folks!
That makes two of us, although I got J&J. At least it was encouraging to hear that their second shot had a high degree of effectiveness.

--Ken

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom