Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

my wife just scheduled me for 6 days from now, WOW, Moderna. As it turns my cancer and age did nothing to get me any priority. This is the downhill effect of the Feds changing the rules to anybody over 65.
Randy, I am glad you are approved for the Moderna. Hopefully the oncologist will approve me for it.

Our state has a pretty good online dashboard on the status of the rollout. To date about 1/70 residents have had both shots and about 1/20 have had the first shot. They even have it by age group.

This just came in a note to my wife from a friend who lives in Giles County, VA, just over the county line from us. For reference, Giles is a very mountainous, rural county with a population of about 16,500.

Hello all,

I just returned from volunteering at the site in Giles where 1000 people received the vaccine today! I must tell you that I'm so proud of my county which, after learning only this past Monday afternoon that they could give these, mobilized county employees, hospital employees, law enforcement, and other citizens like me to make this happen. I was there for 5 hours, others longer, while people streamed by in cars being registered, getting their shots, and waiting the 15 minutes before exiting. It worked just like it was supposed to - amazing!

I'm still uncertain when I can get one, but I'm working on that.

We've had a combination of snow, sleet, and rain today with temperatures in the low 30s F. I'm sure those volunteers were standing out in that.

At least our folks are communicating well. This just came in:

Good afternoon,

We are continuing to schedule people 75 years and older for vaccine appointments.

If you get a call for an appointment by your pharmacy or medical provider, please accept that appointment. Each week we are expanding our vaccination partners.

If you haven’t received a call yet, we are scheduling vaccine appointments daily and will call you to schedule your vaccine appointment as soon as we can. No vaccines can be given without an appointment.

If you are receiving these emails, you are in our system as 75 years or older.

At least our folks are communicating well. This just came in:

Good afternoon,

We are continuing to schedule people 75 years and older for vaccine appointments.

If you get a call for an appointment by your pharmacy or medical provider, please accept that appointment. Each week we are expanding our vaccination partners.

If you haven’t received a call yet, we are scheduling vaccine appointments daily and will call you to schedule your vaccine appointment as soon as we can. No vaccines can be given without an appointment.

If you are receiving these emails, you are in our system as 75 years or older.
That is great news. A lot of the distribution here is by invitation only. Hospitals are putting together the lists. Going through the government distribution is very difficult

Here in the UK I just had my first jab this morning. It was the Oxford/AstraZeneca one. That was via my GP surgery and I have to say they have the logistics completely sorted. Couldn't have been easier or quicker. I was also issued with a leaflet about the jab and a card certifying I'd had the first of two, with a space to record the second. We are told to keep that on our persons.

It would appear I am one of the lucky ones because other, older friends, including one just three miles away, have yet to receive their calls. I was telephoned out of the blue on Tuesday and offered appointment times for today. At this point I presume the differences in timing are caused by differences in population numbers and densities, even over relatively close areas. I was unable to get a forecast of when my wife would receive her first jab. All I could get was that she is in the next age group that would be called forward. I understand - but it doesn't reduce the anxiety.

JLH

We keep being told that three different local hospitals are now taking appointments for our "group" (1B due to age) yet we try over and over every day to actually make an appointment but each and every time we get the same message: "No appointments are available at this time". A few of my wife's gal pals have gotten appointments but we have had zero luck so far. I am sticking to my original estimate that it will likely be mid year before we actually have a chance of getting this vaccine here in Louisville.

I and my wife had our first shot Thursday Moderna and you get a Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card showing date type vaccine and Lot #. This was at the counties first drive up site they have opened they are doing about 800 per day and this coming week will take it up to 1000. It has seven lanes of cars going through with a equal number of waiting lines for the 15 minute allergy response period. A doctor and several assistants are constantly walking through checking on people. No reaction here from either the wife or I. CVS and Walgeens are doing all of the nursing and assisted living homes. That is scheduled to finish the first week in February and then they will go to scheduled appointments for the open groups. In Georgia the rural counties can not get people to show up for the shot. State Health Department said it was redirecting supplies to Counties were there was a demand.

Finally got the long-awaited call, surprisingly on a Sunday morning. My wife and I have appointments for Feb. 1. Could not get in earlier.

We have a very good relationship with the lead pharmacist at the Kroger grocery where we shop. There is a rumor that they will start administering shots this week, so we might be able to get in there.

My wife read on the Health Department's website that the county where you and I live is currently administering only the Moderna vaccine and that soon it will also be administering the Pfizer vaccine.
Thanks, Mike! They must've posted that since I last looked at the site. OK, good to know that I'll be getting Moderna, then! They had provided links to information about both vaccines, which I hadn't gotten around to reading yet, but now I'll focus my attention on Moderna.

I'm happy to report that my wife and I got our first shot of the Moderna vaccine today. We have a very good relationship with our pharmacist at the Kroger grocery where we shop. She called this afternoon. Turns out they got 100 doses, and after vaccinating all to their employees they had two left.

Thats great Jim! They opened up ours to 65+. I got an appointment and my wife was a couple of weeks later. I went this morning for my appointment and my wife came along. They asked if we both were registered and we said yes. They gave us both the shot. :)

Tomorrow's my day for the (first) jab! I'm looking forward to it, kinda/sorta....... Hoping not to feel any or many side effects afterward! Our local pharmacies are busy administering vaccinations to people in local nursing homes, assisted living facilities, other group dwellings, so my inoculation will be at my local district office of our county health agency.

I am truly thrilled with your successes in getting the vaccine.
As a front line provider in florida, I have had both shots- second one 10 days ago.
I worked at a small hospital in central florida today.
I suspect 30+% of chest xrays I read today had classic covid19 patterns- most were really bad looking.
Numbers are skyrocketing, but today was the worst set of chest xrays I have seen- and I have been doing this for 40 years.
This is different than anything we have seen in our lifetimes. It is getting worse, not better.
Stay safe, stay well. The vaccine is hopefully a step back towards normal. We are no where near there right now.
gary

So presumably you are immune now.
I was truly hoping that post vaccination life could go back to normal. But with numbers this high I am still locked down pretty tight.
I am supposedly 95% immune. 5% of a small number is a small risk. but 5% of a large number is still a big number.
My wife gets her second dose in 2 weeks, and I promised we would go out to a restaurant 2 weeks after that.
That is as "wild" as I am going to get for a while.
gary

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom