Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

Got Pfizer #1 of 2 today. NO side effects for me. #2 in three weeks. My son in Calgary tells me to expect getting slammed by #2.

It is almost liberating after a year of hiding from it, I WILL BE wearing a mask into the indefinite future as:

there are the anti-vaxers (we don't WANT the crap) running amok;

the ignorant running amok;

and various "we don't NEED that crap" running amok;

and all the other foreign flavors running amok.

Wait a minute, don't the first and third of the above fit into the second category?

Last edited:
Real Name
Ken St John
My wife and I had out first Moderna shots this morning. Neither of us are having any issues that we know of, yet.

Although scheduling was way too much of a pain, the shots themselves were, much like a flu shot, no big deal. Must say, our local hospital must have worked hard to find the friendliest bunch of folks to work the vaccine center as everything was upbeat and friendly!! Dare I say ... "pleasant"?

Already scheduled for shot #2 on, of all days, April Fools Day!!

Cant't wait to shed all this crud and get back to normal.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Day after our 2nd shot both my wife and I had reactions, low grade fever, aches, headaches, loss of appetite. Thankfully it seemed to last only a day and both are feeling better today with temps back to normal.

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
What vaccine? Does a Covid vaccine exist in the real world?. Here in my part of Italy we are about to plunge back into total lockdown again thanks to a total incompetency of the EU that starts right at the top.

Got a call yesterday. The clinic uncancelled my canceled appointment. They got a supply of vaccine in.
Went in and got the shot this morning.
It was a lot more painful than the first one. I don't know if it was me or the nurse.
So far, so good. But I am planning to lay low for the next day or so, just in case.

My wife which is a high risk patient ( Fighting cancer and Progressive Multifocal Leucoencephalopatia ) and was on a priority list since a long time got her vaccine yesterday J & J , only one shot needed ...

Last edited:
Real Name
Ken
My wife which is a high risk patient ( Fighting cancer and Progressive Multifocal Leucoencephalopatia ) and was on a priority list since a long time got her vaccine yesterday J & J , only one shot needed ...
I am glad to hear that she is finally getting a bit of protection from COVID-19 and I wish her all of the healing energy possible!

--Ken

Jan and I got our second shot today
Now waiting 2 weeks to do some careful family visiting. Last time we huged our daughter and great grand, they had a trash bag over their heads. :)

2nd Pfizer shot, and I was aching all night. That was Dumb. I should have gotten up to take a Tylenol, instead I put up with it until I got up this morning.
Today, with Tylenol, just a sore arm.

Real Name
Ken
Jan and I got our second shot today
Now waiting 2 weeks to do some careful family visiting. Last time we huged our daughter and great grand, they had a trash bag over their heads. :)
Quick reminder that the shot helps protect you from serious symptoms, but it does not prevent you from being asymptomatic. Would not want unvaccinated family members to be at risk.

--Ken

Quick reminder that the shot helps protect you from serious symptoms, but it does not prevent you from being asymptomatic. Would not want unvaccinated family members to be at risk.

--Ken

Yes. keyword is careful. We have been very careful, whole family has shielded us. Have seen daughter 4 times in 13 months, about the same for the rest of my children, all within 60 miles. Daughter is managing 325 COVID tracers, and it is not going real well. Now the states want to open up. Not good.

Real Name
Ken
Yes. keyword is careful. We have been very careful, whole family has shielded us. Have seen daughter 4 times in 13 months, about the same for the rest of my children, all within 60 miles. Daughter is managing 325 COVID tracers, and it is not going real well. Now the states want to open up. Not good.
Sounds like you have a handle on things. I hope all goes well and it is an enjoyable visit.

--Ken

Latest threads

Top Bottom