Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

My daughter got the pfizer vaccine about two weeks after having covid. She got pretty sick with a fever, muscle aches, and headache for about three days after.
That’s pretty much what I’m afraid of. I figure that since I now have the antibodies, I can wait about 6 months before considering the vaccine. This will also provide 6 more months of research.

Real Name
Ken St John
Although I cannot wait to dump the dang mask, perhaps we should take a lesson from the Japanese who have often worn masks when not feeling well. This image, taken near the Asakusa shrine, is a good example ...
Ken's Japan Trip 111.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(No, this is not recent ... taken on my last trip there in Jan 2010!!)

Ken

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Yes, it has been a long tradition in Japan that people wear masks when unwell, and during pollen seasons. Here in Hong Kong, we started this habit after SARS in 2003, so there was no problem and no hesitation when we were advised to do so last February.

Nice to see and read about people wearing masks and taking this seriously, and here in the Idaho Panhandle I got a message from a neighbor just yesterday about the “hoax” pandemic. it’s not the first one I’ve seen.

I haven't gotten any of them and have no plans to do so. As a retired Clinical Microbiologist you don't even want to get me started on this <1% mortality "scamdemic".
573000 + deaths in the States it is for sure a scamdemic o_O ....

Real Name
Aaron
I received the J&J vaccine in early March. Had an immune response, but no other unusual side effects. Sunday I tested positive for COVID, and have had considerable difficulty breathing the last 48 hours, but it seems to be improving a little today. If the vaccine is actually preventing serious effects of COVID I would probably be on a ventilator or dead by now without it. Maybe I am just one of the few for whom the vaccine did not prove to be effective, or I caught a variant that can bypass the immunization. Probably will never know...

Anyway, moral of the story is even when vaccinated, don’t let your guard down. I did not, still caught it, and it was severe enough to land me in the ER gasping for air.

2nd round of Pfizer yesterday. EMT who administered the shot said to prep for a response. I did have a mild headache mid-day but was busy on work calls and local pollen was high. Drank a lot of water and ate well. All good today. Fingers crossed for everyone!

2nd Pfizer shot was scheduled for last Saturday Apr 10.
Would have been 3 weeks from the first dose.
Received a message they rescheduled to Sun Apr 18 due to supply issues.

Latest threads

Top Bottom