Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

I refuse to get the under-tested vaccines and as for wearing a mask, only when I'm forced to. My outings are limited to the grocery store when I have to go, and our CMA gatherings. I'm covid free!
Given the various health problems you and members of your family have experienced, it seems riskier to me to skip being vaccinated, but of course we all have choices to make in our lives....

Real Name
Bill Walderman
Anyway... It's so nice to be vaccinated, brings some piece of mind in this new world. Some things stay the same though. Tomorrow I turn 75! I will take my 'spirit walk' alone in the local foothills as I've done for the past 10 years since moving to Abq, then I'll bake myself a German Chocolate cake, my favorite.
Congratulations on hitting 75. I reach that milestone (or millstone?) in July.

As many have thought, the Ceo of Pfizer just confirmed that a 3rd shot will probably be needed and then an annual shot thereafter.

Anyway... It's so nice to be vaccinated, brings some piece of mind in this new world. Some things stay the same though. Tomorrow I turn 75! I will take my 'spirit walk' alone in the local foothills as I've done for the past 10 years since moving to Abq, then I'll bake myself a German Chocolate cake, my favorite.
Congrats on 75! and that hike and cake sounds good. My 75th is coming up this June, I'll probably go for a bike ride.

Real Name
Aaron
I received the J&J vaccine in early March. Had an immune response, but no other unusual side effects. Sunday I tested positive for COVID, and have had considerable difficulty breathing the last 48 hours, but it seems to be improving a little today. If the vaccine is actually preventing serious effects of COVID I would probably be on a ventilator or dead by now without it. Maybe I am just one of the few for whom the vaccine did not prove to be effective, or I caught a variant that can bypass the immunization. Probably will never know...

Anyway, moral of the story is even when vaccinated, don’t let your guard down. I did not, still caught it, and it was severe enough to land me in the ER gasping for air.
As I sit in a hospital waiting on a CT scan to figure out what is going on with my lungs, I thought I’d give a quick update. Based on lab work, I have no Covid antibodies from the vaccine, so I am one of the very rare few who’s immune system does not respond as intended. I am not sure what this means long term, and I will need to be tested in a few weeks to see if I create any antibodies from an actual covid infection. If I don’t create antibodies at all I will remain at risk of reinfection,

Real Name
Ken
As I sit in a hospital waiting on a CT scan to figure out what is going on with my lungs, I thought I’d give a quick update. Based on lab work, I have no Covid antibodies from the vaccine, so I am one of the very rare few who’s immune system does not respond as intended. I am not sure what this means long term, and I will need to be tested in a few weeks to see if I create any antibodies from an actual covid infection. If I don’t create antibodies at all I will remain at risk of reinfection,
I wish you good scan results and a strong recovery. As somebody who is immunocompromised and vaccinated with J&J, your story hits close to home. Focus on healing, but do keep us posted if you can.

--Ken

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Sorry to hear that. Take care and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope they figure this out asap and get you well.

It's partly because of things like this that my wife and I will continue to mask up outside of our house for quite a while longer. Hang in there Aaron.

Real Name
Aaron
Well, things have escalated pretty quickly. No pneumonia and minimal collapsed lung, but was admitted to the covid wing because I need O2 to keep breathing under control and for cardiac monitoring. A high percentage of COVID infections result in heart damage even if asymptomatic, and with a family history of heart issues they want to stay on top of it. Labs do not point to serious cardiac issues, but I haven’t gotten the echocardiogram results yet...

McQ

Still looking to break 80 consistently.
Real Name
Glenn
Well, things have escalated pretty quickly. No pneumonia and minimal collapsed lung, but was admitted to the covid wing because I need O2 to keep breathing under control and for cardiac monitoring. A high percentage of COVID infections result in heart damage even if asymptomatic, and with a family history of heart issues they want to stay on top of it. Labs do not point to serious cardiac issues, but I haven’t gotten the echocardiogram results yet...
Aaron, I hope this resolves quickly for you and you can get out of there soon. Take care!

Got my second shot ( Pfizer ) yesterday afternoon , and worked all day today , no sore arm no side effects ...So far so good ....Wait and see....

Connie I have a relative that works for OSHA. I ain't doin it. Not safe.
Getting COVID ain't safe either...as evidenced by this thread and my personal experiences.

A close friend of ours (42 years old and in otherwise good health) died earlier this week of COVID. My aunt died of COVID earlier this month. A friend of mine got COVID in December and still isn't well--looks like he's a long hauler. Another close friend of mine (65 years old and in good health otherwise) spent 27 days at the Mayo Clinic and nearly died of COVID. My next door neighbor contracted COVID and spent 9 days in the hospital with clots in his lungs.

Speaking of OSHA, OSHA weighed in on vaccines not too long ago. OSHA "does encourage employers to make vaccines available at no cost to eligible employees or, at the very least, to provide information and training on the benefits and safety of vaccinations."

Fortunately, the vaccine has enabled a good number of people to resume a life with more normalcy.

Glenn

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom