Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

Happy to report all humans in our house are fully vaccinated with Moderna. Mine was done in Jan/Feb, Mari got her 2nd shot just over a week ago and our son got this 2nd last Thursday. I was out shopping this morning before 7am, I try and go when the stores are not crowded and mask wearing appears to fallen way off here. Of the 8 shoppers I saw, I and the store employees were the only ones wearing masks.

Hang in there, Aaron! Sounds as though the virus really doesn't want to let go of you! Being in the hospital is the safest place for you right now, although of course not exactly fun.

In this area although many people have been vaccinated, because there is such a huge population there are yet many who have not yet received their jabs so people are still wearing masks here when going out-and-about and especially when in buildings and various stores, and I think it is still being required, anyway. I'm not planning to stop wearing a mask for a while yet.

Real Name
Aaron
Quick update: readmitted to the hospital to treat lingering effects of COVID including chronic breathing difficulty and alarming neurological symptoms. Have had several episodes that present as stroke/TIA and seizures so I am getting all kinds of tests done to see what is going on. Latest scans shows new cardiac and lung issues, but they have ruled out a stroke. TIA is still a possibility. Added a breathing assistance machine to me today, which has helped. Tomorrow should be EEG tests for seizures. After that, they are recommending in-patient rehab to deal with all of the weaknesses brought on by battling this mess.
Good news! I have turned a corner in the last 24 hours, making large strides back towards normal. After a few days of intense breathing treatment my respiratory rate is back to normal when resting, and while I get winded with activity, I can get it back down much more quickly. I am still on oxygen, but far less than a few days ago. My unusual neurological symptoms have lessened only slightly, but their cause is still a mystery as no evidence of stroke, TIA, or seizure has been found. Neurologist thinks it could be stress induced from just battling covid, but I’m not ready to believe “it’s all in my head.” I am awaiting space in the in-patient rehab facility to work on the remaining balance and weakness issues that developed while fighting off covid.

Thank you again to everyone that sent well wishes, thoughts, prayers, positive energy, and much more! Knowing others care makes all the difference!

Real Name
Doug
Good news! I have turned a corner in the last 24 hours, making large strides back towards normal. After a few days of intense breathing treatment my respiratory rate is back to normal when resting, and while I get winded with activity, I can get it back down much more quickly. I am still on oxygen, but far less than a few days ago. My unusual neurological symptoms have lessened only slightly, but their cause is still a mystery as no evidence of stroke, TIA, or seizure has been found. Neurologist thinks it could be stress induced from just battling covid, but I’m not ready to believe “it’s all in my head.” I am awaiting space in the in-patient rehab facility to work on the remaining balance and weakness issues that developed while fighting off covid.

Thank you again to everyone that sent well wishes, thoughts, prayers, positive energy, and much more! Knowing others care makes all the difference!
A word often uttered by my grandchildren seems perfect here: awesome.

Quick update: readmitted to the hospital to treat lingering effects of COVID including chronic breathing difficulty and alarming neurological symptoms. Have had several episodes that present as stroke/TIA and seizures so I am getting all kinds of tests done to see what is going on. Latest scans shows new cardiac and lung issues, but they have ruled out a stroke. TIA is still a possibility. Added a breathing assistance machine to me today, which has helped. Tomorrow should be EEG tests for seizures. After that, they are recommending in-patient rehab to deal with all of the weaknesses brought on by battling this mess.
Hoping for a quick positive turn of events!!

Real Name
Ken

This is great news!! I am happy for you and hope you continue to have a strong recovery.

--Ken

Real Name
Aaron

I am currently on day 9 of my latest hospital stay, and have a few days of in-patient rehab under my belt. Still struggling with endurance and balance/dizziness, but hope to be headed home late this week. Breathing has improved considerably, although I still have bouts of shortness of breath and chest pain with activity. Several days of intense treatment last week helped push me in the right direction.

I was finally diagnosed with TIA, and experienced at least one more while in the hospital last week; it is possible that I was having other TIAs before coming back to the hospital based on symptoms. Other than dizziness and balance issues, many of the neurological symptoms have lessened considerably. I think I can finally see something resembling “normal” again, but lingering deficits may be with me a while…

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
@ahinesdesign I've been traveling for over a month and just caught up on this thread. So sorry to hear about all your health challenges, but glad that you seem to have turned the corner. Stay vigilant, take it slow, and continue on the path to recovery.

Wife and I both recently completed our second shot of Moderna. Wife had zero after effects from either the first or second. I was not as fortunate because the second shot brought me fever, chills, within a few hours and a headache that lasted a couple days. Good to get the Vaccinations out of the way so we can make our Summer Travel plans.

Wife and I both had both shots, but we are still wearing masks (N95/KN95) outside the house.
At my age, I figure the mask is a small price to pay, for the extra protection it provides.

The kids are still not vaccinated, and I'm at the local high school 3 or 4 days a week, shooting sports. So I have LOTS of potential exposure.

And then the question of will there be more covid spikes 1) as things loosen up and there are more gatherings and 2) winter hits and everybody is indoors. I don't know.

So, I bought a bunch of masks, figuring that we will need them at least till the fall.
The more the mask is used, the more clogged it gets, from particles (dust and pollen) in the air, and harder to breath through. And based on my bad allergy, there is a LOT of pollen in the air here, so I expect the masks to get clogged faster. In fact I wear the mask outside the house, as protection against allergy pollen. The clogged masks are noticeably harder to breath through, and uncomfortable to use. So I bought enough masks, to not have to use clogged masks.

"Normal" is still a long ways off.
But with the vaccine, at least we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Just got to get MORE people vaccinated.

Latest threads

Top Bottom