Covid-19 vaccination - anyone scheduled yet?

As I had said earlier, I got my 2nd pfzier shot yesterday. 10hrs later I had malaise, headache, low fever. Basically felt bad. Slept for 11hours.
Was a little under the weather still this morning.
By noon, 28hrs after the injection, I felt back to normal. So my response to the second shot was short lived but miserable.
Still beats the other alternatives!!
gary

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
My mother is 90 and living alone. Therefore, she has to go to Walmart, get prescriptions, groceries, etc. And yet she is not eligible for the vaccine. California, BTW......

The medical group that is my primary care provider has been selected by the state of New Jersey as a COVID-19 vaccination site. They are currently in Phase 1A for health care workers and not yet scheduling subsequent phases.

Once I am eligible to be scheduled they will inform me so I can schedule at that time. I am under 65 years old, so I am not expecting that anytime in the immediate future. My provider is currently administering the Moderna vaccine, which requires two doses scheduled 28 days apart. Once it is available to me I would schedule both appointments.

The problem is there is no national rollout plan. As you know Operation Warp Speed is supposed to be working on this problem. Problem is Operation Warp Speed lost its Warp Core.

They did not formulate a national rollout for getting vaccines. They distribute the vaccine and then leave it up to each individual state and county to figure out a distribution plan. It is a big cluster right now everywhere as a Hodge podge or plans are being used state by state and county by county.

Know of several +65 here in Ga. that have received their 1st shot and schedule 2/11 for the second shot. As of 1/11 phase 1A includes any +65. Now to see if I can get an appointment?

Don't you mean 1B? I think 1A is only medical personnel and first responders, most of whom should have been vaccinated by now.

No 1A in Ga includes those 65+, I believe the official designation is 1A+ as there is no actual 1A designation.

1610652480614.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm all scheduled now!!! Got the email providing the link to the scheduling page and the available times, and am now good to go on January 21st at 1:30 PM. I could've gone earlier in the week but Monday is a federal holiday so I figured let working people take the opportunity to go on that day, and Wednesday is Inauguration Day, which in this area is also a holiday (been this way for years due to the logistics of normal Inaugurations, but this year in particular will be important to keep local area residents out of DC on that day). Vaccines are administered in my closest district office of the county health department, and we are to wear masks and remain in our cars until summoned to the building. I don't know how they're handling this with people who do not have smartphones and texting ability. It will be a relief to get this done! Then in two or three weeks after that I'll be going back for the second appointment to receive the second dose.

I was hoping that information about which vaccine would be provided in the confirmation email I received, the one with all the instructions about what to do upon arriving at the location where I'll be getting my inoculation, but no, it was not stated there. They do provide links to information about both vaccines, though. So I guess I'll find out which will be injected into me only on that day next week!

In our district it appears that the vaccinators have started with the oldest registrants and are gradually working down the age scale. They're giving about 1000 shots a day.

Real Name
Andy
In our district it appears that the vaccinators have started with the oldest registrants and are gradually working down the age scale. They're giving about 1000 shots a day.
I'm curious - is your district within a county among other districts? Or does it cover a larger region? Just trying to get a feel for the pace of the shots being administered.

JLH

I live in the Louisville, KY area. I am in one of those higher risks groups due to age and former cancer. Truth is the way things are run in this county I think we will be lucky to get the vaccine by May or June. I don't want to get political but this city is messed up. I am also covered by the VA but their standard message is: "Don't call us, we'll call you". Like I said...maybe by mid year I will actually see this happen.

Latest threads

Top Bottom