Cow Elk pics

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, Jul 28, 2005.

1. These were spotted on the way to Maligne lake in Jasper, actually there is elk everywhere, did not see any BIG bulls except for in our parking lot at our hotel there :roll: and on the way home. Sure I have a pic or two of 380 size bulls...........the bulls are running all by there lonesome selves until first week of September or so as they start building their harems through the rut which usually peeks the first full moon. This I am looking forward to trying to photograph and will be prepared! These taken with 70-200mm VR + 1.4tc handheld early evening.......

original.

View attachment 12797

View attachment 12798

2. Hey, I was waiting for the elk. These are really nice captures Keith. Were there any calves around?

3. Very nice. All of the wildlife you have been sharing has been outstanding!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good work Keith..

Love all the images you have posted.

The coyotes are great also....

5. Beautiful shots of beautiful animals, great job I look forwad to everyone of your posts

6. Very nice shots, Keith. They have a sense of great "dimensionality"! :)

7. Hi Dennis

There were allot of calves around, but the mainly stayed just outside the bushline, didnt venture out like the cows. Kind of cool to watch

thanks for looking

8. Good morning.......

Thanks Dave and Gale, appreciate the kind comments, you must have woken up on the good side of the bed this morning. Im still waking up, need more coffee. LOL

9. morning Mike

Your way too kind! still havent found one of my series that jumps out at me, keeps us going back for more! :lol:

10. thanks Kevin

Yeah I like the DOF on these two, I have lots of shots where the DOF is better but dont have the whole animal in focus, trial and error. LOL

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Keith,

These are great shots. I love the DOF that you have used. The images look 3-D.

Well done. :wink:

12. Thanks Frank, as always ;-) Hope all is well with you!

13. Keith,

Your attention to detail is amazing!! Nice colors too!!! :D :D :D

14. Thanks Bryan, havent seen you around in a while, hope your enjoying your summer!!

have a great weekend

15. Excellent captures Keith. The 2nd image looks like it is ready to pop out of the frame. Great use of DOF there.

16. Thanks Gordon, really starting to pay attn as to how I want to take the shot where b4 was just happy to get the shot. LOL!!!