Cow Elk pics

These were spotted on the way to Maligne lake in Jasper, actually there is elk everywhere, did not see any BIG bulls except for in our parking lot at our hotel there :roll: and on the way home. Sure I have a pic or two of 380 size bulls...........the bulls are running all by there lonesome selves until first week of September or so as they start building their harems through the rut which usually peeks the first full moon. This I am looking forward to trying to photograph and will be prepared! These taken with 70-200mm VR + 1.4tc handheld early evening.......

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 12797

View attachment 12798

Good work Keith..

Love all the images you have posted.

The coyotes are great also....

Hi Dennis

There were allot of calves around, but the mainly stayed just outside the bushline, didnt venture out like the cows. Kind of cool to watch

thanks for looking

Nikam said:
Hey, I was waiting for the elk. These are really nice captures Keith. Were there any calves around?

Good morning.......

Thanks Dave and Gale, appreciate the kind comments, you must have woken up on the good side of the bed this morning. Im still waking up, need more coffee. LOL
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gale said:
Good work Keith..

Love all the images you have posted.

The coyotes are great also....[/quote

morning Mike

Your way too kind! still havent found one of my series that jumps out at me, keeps us going back for more! :lol:

mike mac said:
Beautiful shots of beautiful animals, great job I look forwad to everyone of your posts

thanks Kevin

Yeah I like the DOF on these two, I have lots of shots where the DOF is better but dont have the whole animal in focus, trial and error. LOL

Kevin Scott said:
Very nice shots, Keith. They have a sense of great "dimensionality"! :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom