1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cow

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by OldWorldMonkey, Nov 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. .......yes, but is it art !!

Cow resize.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jack and Jill and the cow. . . .!

Art? o_O o_O o_O 

3. Nice catch and conversion. Perhaps title it The Effects of Wind on Cattle. :) 

4. The consequences of bovine flatulence?

5. I like how you captured this!

Art? Why not.
    If the statue was meant to lay down like that, even more so :) 
    if not, accidental art.

Some years ago, a limited series of cow statues (life size) were created over here to commemorate some event.
    Don't remember what it was though, just the cows :rolleyes: 

6. I've seen cows in Chicago and elsewhere in the US; Moose in Minnesota, Helsinki and Northern Idaho, and of course Saxophones in Dinant, Belgium (home of the designer/inventor of the Sax)!
    Belg85_DxO.jpg

7. I wonder how Adolphe Sax would like that :) 

8. ...and there are the ubiquitous Osborne Sherry ads in Spain...

web_DSC_0650-L.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. ...but we are leading the thread astray.

I agree the original image does a great job of capturing the context of the upset cow. Maybe cow tipping gone badly wrong?

10. Thank you for your comments - most of us have seen similar kinds of statues - mostly upright !

It just looked a bit random - a cow on its side !

Would have been better if there was a person in the picture - also dressed suitably random !

Anyway, the story is that this is a dairy farm that attracts visitors, so they have a cow on top of the hill that is visible to passing traffic, and it must have got blown over.

Maybe they would have been better with a silhouette like those Spanish bulls, as they seem to have withstood the test of time.

11. 'no more eat more chicken'

• Like Like x 1
  12. Perhaps a shot with cows standing around the fallen statue, all looking sad and forlorn!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Or somebody dressed as a chicken - flexing their biceps like they had just won a fight !!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Really cool image and no doubt enhanced by the choice of B&W.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Perhaps it was just "board!"

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.