Coyote taken while driving from work, with a 70-200mm plus 2X TC!!!

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by thrdprophet, Jul 19, 2007.

1. thrdprophet

thrdprophet

May 13, 2007
    Modesto, CA
    Don't know how I manage to take this picture with out crashing into a ditch or cars in the opposite direction but it came out. Not the greatest shot but given the fact I was driving... I should not have been taking pictures especially w/a 70-200+2X TC. Also you don't see coyotes in a farm by a Nuclear plant in Livermore on HWY 84 much... (my first coyote I seen in that area) and I been commuting back and fourth from Modesto to San Jose for almost 7 years now.

Coyote.

2. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    A drive by. Not bad, And that is some commute.

3. well done under the circumstances

4. Slingher

Slingher

Jun 30, 2007
    Titusville FL
    Coyote and then mountain lion

Nice capture, I am glad you didn't rear end a mercedes or something.:eek:

The 1st time I saw and photographed a coyote was also the day I saw and photographed a mountain lion. I used to live in San Jose and would go to Alum Rock Park all the time with my camera. On the way in I saw a coyote by the creek and I stopped and got a few shots. Then I met up with a friend and we hiked up the south rim trail and saw a mountain lion. It was a film camera, a Nikon N4004 w/ a cheap 100-300 lens. I had no idea how to operate it and left it in automatic all the time. I was only able to snap off two shots, the second with the built in flash. I don't have any pics of the coyote on digital format but I did have the mountain lion negative scanned. Here is a picture.
    [​IMG]

and here is a link to the story of my intense encounter. It happened January 31, 2001.
    http://users.frii.com/mytymyk/lions/attackex.htm

5. thrdprophet

thrdprophet

May 13, 2007
    Modesto, CA
    That is a nice shot of that Mountain Lion, I know Alum Rock real well and you don't see much of those cats up there. I use to ride my bike around that area all the time when I lived in San Jose.

6. Wow, great capture under the circumstances. I once saw a coyote in the city here, crossing a 2-lane state highway between a subdivision and a woodsy area....I was nowhere near fast enough to snap a shot though.