Coyotes

These were taken south of Jasper, actually just off the highway in a large field. 300mm af-s + 1.4tc handheld, too lazy to grab the tripod, then again should have had the big lens on as well, still shaking my head. To get an idea of how far, these pics represent approx 25% of the frame after cropping.........really enjoy watching these critters

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looks more like a painting
View attachment 12792

this is where I wish I had the big lens and tripod :evil:
View attachment 12793

View attachment 12794

View attachment 12795

B

bfjr

Pretty series, like the surroundings :)
Looks like there losing winter coat ??

Very nice work, Keith. These animals look very healthy and their coats seem very thick. What a pretty setting you found them in! Did they stay around long?

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Great series Keith!!

They look quite a bit bigger than the coyotes I see on occasion around here. They are neat to watch if they stick around.

Years ago, when we lived on 3 acres down in Chilliwack, I used to watch them catching field mice in the back 'yard'. The shepherd-collie cross dog I used to have would hunt field mice the same way - pouncing to scare them. The coyotes down there were much bigger too.

I'm surprised you haven't glued that long lens to camera by now - LOL. :)

Beautiful shots, Keith! The little boy in me wants to just run up to them and start playing! :) Go back out there with your long lens and get some closeups, now, ya hear?

Keith, these are really beautiful pictures; and they do look a lot more like paintings than photographs. Did you use any of the PS artistic filters?

Thanks for showing these.

John

Beautiful shots, Keith. Love coyotes and wolves, their family structures are very interesting. They're complex animals.

These pics are great for showing in the natural habitat. They look mighty healthy to me. Great captures, more??

thanks for looking

Being end of July, Im thinking that is their summer coat, in the evenings it is around 6-8 degrees in the mountains so still relatively cool and has been a very wet year up there, we even had fresh snow one day on the mtn tops........

bfjr said:
Pretty series, like the surroundings :)
Looks like there losing winter coat ??

Thanks Mike.........

So have you made any decisions on whether your keeping the X ?? :wink:

mike mac said:
Great shots we never seem to have the right lens on but for such huge crops there are great real healthy looking animals, keep sharing the shots from your trip

Hi John........

Absolutely no use of filters, put in PS to adjust levels, resize and post for web, that be it............considering the size of the crops I was ok with the outcome, definitely different. LOL

sfoxjohn said:
Keith, these are really beautiful pictures; and they do look a lot more like paintings than photographs. Did you use any of the PS artistic filters?

Thanks for showing these.

John

Hi Sandy......

Thanks for the nice comments, much appreciated! I really enjoy photographing these guys during the winter, coats are healthy and fun to watch. I dont run into many that are paired up, so this was kind of cool..........

TOLady said:
Beautiful shots, Keith. Love coyotes and wolves, their family structures are very interesting. They're complex animals.

These pics are great for showing in the natural habitat. They look mighty healthy to me. Great captures, more??

Beautiful animals, in a gorgeous setting, well shot. Can't add much to that. :wink:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom