Coyotes

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, Jul 28, 2005.

1. These were taken south of Jasper, actually just off the highway in a large field. 300mm af-s + 1.4tc handheld, too lazy to grab the tripod, then again should have had the big lens on as well, still shaking my head. To get an idea of how far, these pics represent approx 25% of the frame after cropping.........really enjoy watching these critters

original.

Looks more like a painting
    original.

this is where I wish I had the big lens and tripod :evil:
    original.

original.

original.

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Pretty series, like the surroundings :)
    Looks like there losing winter coat ??

3. Very nice work, Keith. These animals look very healthy and their coats seem very thick. What a pretty setting you found them in! Did they stay around long?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. Great series Keith!!

They look quite a bit bigger than the coyotes I see on occasion around here. They are neat to watch if they stick around.

Years ago, when we lived on 3 acres down in Chilliwack, I used to watch them catching field mice in the back 'yard'. The shepherd-collie cross dog I used to have would hunt field mice the same way - pouncing to scare them. The coyotes down there were much bigger too.

I'm surprised you haven't glued that long lens to camera by now - LOL. :)

5. Beautiful shots, Keith! The little boy in me wants to just run up to them and start playing! :) Go back out there with your long lens and get some closeups, now, ya hear?

6. Great shots we never seem to have the right lens on but for such huge crops there are great real healthy looking animals, keep sharing the shots from your trip

7. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    Keith, these are really beautiful pictures; and they do look a lot more like paintings than photographs. Did you use any of the PS artistic filters?

Thanks for showing these.

John

8. Beautiful shots, Keith. Love coyotes and wolves, their family structures are very interesting. They're complex animals.

These pics are great for showing in the natural habitat. They look mighty healthy to me. Great captures, more??

9. thanks for looking

Being end of July, Im thinking that is their summer coat, in the evenings it is around 6-8 degrees in the mountains so still relatively cool and has been a very wet year up there, we even had fresh snow one day on the mtn tops........

10. Merci

Thanks Virginia, Dennis and Kevin, Im definitely looking forward to my next excursion there!! ;-)

11. Thanks Mike.........

So have you made any decisions on whether your keeping the X ?? :wink:

12. Hi John........

Absolutely no use of filters, put in PS to adjust levels, resize and post for web, that be it............considering the size of the crops I was ok with the outcome, definitely different. LOL

13. Hi Sandy......

Thanks for the nice comments, much appreciated! I really enjoy photographing these guys during the winter, coats are healthy and fun to watch. I dont run into many that are paired up, so this was kind of cool..........

14. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful animals, in a gorgeous setting, well shot. Can't add much to that. :wink:

15. thanks Frank, saw my first ever GBH, think he is a little off course, try for him tomorrow.... LOL

16. mfrank123

mfrank123 Guest

great shots, congratulations. they are very elusive