CP3100 comments and photos

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Commodorefirst, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    CP3100, Some info and a photo from this older CP camera from Nikon,

first, a great little 3 mp point and shoot camera with several selective scene modes. Like a lot of Nikon cameras from several years ago, it works best in outdoor auto mode, but can do some indoor close up flash work with it's built in flash. It's built in flash is actually better than my CP5000 flash.

Battery life on the rechargables isn't great, but I tend to only use it with a lithium CRV3 where I get a great life. Outstanding life. I find cheap CRV3batteries online, and find that just replacing the batteries in the daughter's and spouse's 3100 cameras (yes we have two of them) is easier than trying to keep up with recharging the AA batteries, plus the lithium throwaways life is almost 10x longer than even the high capacity rechargables

The camera uses CF which is why I bought it, and it was the last small Nikon pocket camera with CF cards, which I liked since I have a small army of them. All shots we take with this camera is in JPG fine large mode, and after 2-3 shots or so there is a long buffer wait time. Flash recharge time is a bit slow, and Focus speed is slow to, but we only paid $270 new way back then, whcihc was cheap way back then for a 3MP camera. You can find them mint now for $80.00 Works great as a ebay camera.

A sample photo that my 13 year old took in DC on a school trip this year, It prints great up to 8x10.

[​IMG]

Feel free to post any other 3100 images here or other thoughts comments about the camera that you have found out through experience.

Wade