CP5000 Photos

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Just thought I would post a few favorite shots:

Entrance.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Chimney%20Rock%20Sky.JPG

Olympic%20rainforest.JPG

inland%20passage.jpg

Cactus.jpg

Seward%20Harbor.jpg

Scotts%20bluff.JPG

sorry for so many, posting these is bringing back some fond memories,

Wade

I will say the 5000 takes some of the most beeautiful sunrise and sunset images of any camera.

All great images.

What settings and any add on lenses might you be using.

Also have a 5000 with the 3x tele and the wide angle.

Thanks for posting these.

I have a bunch of 5000 photos. Have posted a few. Prob no one can see a difference :>)))

PGB

My wife Leigh likes her 8800. She has gotten some excellent shots with it. I on the other hand cannot figure it out and she says I mess it up everytime I touch it. :rolleyes:

Nice shots, Wade! My wife has a CP5200, but I've taken more shots with it than she has. Nice small size and wonderful landscapes from that camera.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Gale said:
I will say the 5000 takes some of the most beeautiful sunrise and sunset images of any camera.

All great images.

What settings and any add on lenses might you be using.

Also have a 5000 with the 3x tele and the wide angle.

Thanks for posting these.

I have a bunch of 5000 photos. Have posted a few. Prob no one can see a difference :>)))

Hi Gale,

Most of my shots in landscapes on this camera were either with the wide angle lens, or just the normal camera lens, I also used a UR E5 adapter with a step up ring so I can use a 52mm nikon circ polarizer. With the wide angle I didn't use any filter. The chimney rock shot was with the wide angle and the other shots were at the widest setting (24mm equiv) in auto everything mode, with circ polarizer on the camera. Yes that is right auto everything with the flash turned off. I used matrix metering on this camera all the time. ISO 100, It was a great outdoor landscape camera. I have sold several prints shot with this camera from the 2002 road trip.

thanks for looking.

Wade

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Don, Patrick, Heiko, and Phil,

thanks for the kind words, and the time to look at these "old" images. On my websites more and more of te images are with the D70 gear, but still some of my best landscapes are still from the CP5000 days.

cheers,

Wade

Thanks Wade

I set her up the same way :>)))

One of the greatest they made. But I admit. I'm a Nikon Gal

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Gale, Thos, Phil,Nick, Gordon,

Thanks for the look at the images and all of your kind words. Some of these images have fond places in my heart as they are some of the first "quality" images I started producing in the digital world. Many of them hark back to 2002, Yes only a bit over three years, but that was my first summer with a decent digital camera. I bought it for the Great 10,000 mile roadtrip to the NW and Alaska and Artic Circle. Hard to believe that I paid $1200 for something that is now worth maybe $200.00 but if I average it out over the 10,000 shots it doesn't seem so bad. Plus i didn't have to worry about developing 60-80 rolls of film on that trip alone. That also helped with the cost of the camera! lol

Being a "prosumer" camera I experiemented that summer with the settings, manual shooting, and I relearned stuff from my early 35mm film days that helped prepare me for the DSLR Plunge. The transition was super smooth this past fall, but I Still miss on landscapes that sharp DOF without figuring out any hperfocal math! lol

Feel free to post your CP5000 shots here, lets go down memory lane.....

Wade

Stunning shots, really excellent. The CP5000 was my very first digital camera, cost an arm and a leg here in South Africa back then. I believe it was very capable, but in your shots you have shown, just like it should be, that the camera is just a small part of the equation, its all your skill! Those are shots to be truly proud of (esp 1 and 4)!!

Commodorefirst said:
On my websites more and more of te images are with the D70 gear, but still some of my best landscapes are still from the CP5000 days.

Ah, the good old NTF days :rolleyes:. My gallery still has many CP995 and CP5700 pictures in it that I number among my best. Nikon did some marvellous innovating with the Coolpix series.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
bendheim said:
Stunning shots, really excellent. The CP5000 was my very first digital camera, cost an arm and a leg here in South Africa back then. I believe it was very capable, but in your shots you have shown, just like it should be, that the camera is just a small part of the equation, its all your skill! Those are shots to be truly proud of (esp 1 and 4)!!

thanks for your kind words Peter, and in regard to cost my first CP5000 cost me $1200 US! Yikes! only worth $200 US now. long sigh....... The second one I picked up used for $400 2 years ago........

Cheers,

Wade

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Uncle Frank said:
Ah, the good old NTF days :rolleyes:. My gallery still has many CP995 and CP5700 pictures in it that I number among my best. Nikon did some marvellous innovating with the Coolpix series.

Yes those were the days, I even lurked for over 6-7 months during the heyday of the 995 and CP5000 before joining when I finally bought the camera.

I still love your CP5700 hummer shots and Your FC shots. but the ballet shot... to die for Frank.

Wade

Latest threads

Top Bottom