Crabapple Blossoms w/D2X/17-55/500D

Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
4,741
Location
SE Florida
Thought I'd take a cue from 'ol Flew, and slap my own 500D onto my 17-55, just to see what I'd come up with.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)


Model NIKON D2X
Flash Used No
Focal Length 55 mm
Exposure Time 1/45 sec
Aperture f/6.3
ISO Equivalent 400
Exposure Bias +1/3
White Balance (-1)
Metering Mode matrix (5)
JPEG Quality (6)
Exposure Program aperture priority
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
994
Location
Alabama
Whoa Steve!! That is awesome!! It works pretty good, huh? What did you think? What was your working distance?

Can I get a print of this one? I'll pay.

Frank
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
4,741
Location
SE Florida
Gee, thanks Frank!

Flew said:
Whoa Steve!! That is awesome!! It works pretty good, huh? What did you think? What was your working distance?

Can I get a print of this one? I'll pay.

Frank
I was a lot farther than I could've been. Tried various working distances & f-stops, but settled on this one of about 15 in or so. You really want me to send you a large copy to print? Be glad to... 20 bucks! ;) j/k buddy! I just thought it wasn't anything too special.
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
4,741
Location
SE Florida
The framing action "pinched" it

daodang said:
Wow Steve. Pretty picture. Sharp, detailed and well lighted. May be a bit wider crop over the top. The frame is also very nice.
When I ran it, although it was already framed in camera very tight at the top. Thanks for commenting! It was a "Bud's Frames" from action central.
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
1,901
Location
Montreal Quebec Canada
Re: The framing action "pinched" it

Steve S said:
daodang said:
Wow Steve. Pretty picture. Sharp, detailed and well lighted. May be a bit wider crop over the top. The frame is also very nice.
When I ran it, although it was already framed in camera very tight at the top. Thanks for commenting! It was a "Bud's Frames" from action central.
Thanks for the frame info, Steve.

Between you and me, double charge Frank for the print. If each one of us double charge Frank for each print he ask for, may be it will take a while but at the end, we can gather enough money with the extra charge to buy him a 200mm /4 micro. What do you think? (This must be kept secret or Frank will ask Patrick to kick me out NikonCafe) :D :D
 
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
7,818
Location
Gilroy, California
Very nice image.

I've been thinking about a 77mm 500D myself for the 70-200. Never dawned on me I could use it with the 17-55 and the 85 1.4 too.
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
4,741
Location
SE Florida
Thanks everyone! Now, about that 85 1.4.....

Beezle said:
Very nice image.

I've been thinking about a 77mm 500D myself for the 70-200. Never dawned on me I could use it with the 17-55 and the 85 1.4 too.
You know, I've been eyeing that lens for some time now, and although I have an 85 1.8, the fact that the 1.4 has a 77mm filter thread just might push me over the edge. (any old excuse, right) ;)
 

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom