Cranes on the Platte river in lousy light. (whooper included)

I know many were watching college hoops last night, but I was having a great time with friends along the river. Lousy light means you need to try different ways to make a photo. The whooping crane is always treat to see here in Nebraska as there are only about 400 in the North American central flyway. but hard to photograph as he (she) likes to hang out far away from the camera.

The most recent count has 540,000 sandhill cranes on the Platte in central Nebraska.

39217698920_87a65c2e0a_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

29351515_10160259868570165_4250677617390843518_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The first shot is terrific bmell ! I'm a fan of animal images that show movement. A flock of birds in motion are favorites for me. Very nice work.

dale

That first image works for me!!!! Great - and creative - way to take advantage of the situation!
Thank you.

I really like the first image - it really captured my attention and drew me in...
It's a challenging way to make the best of really bad lighting.

The first shot is terrific bmell ! I'm a fan of animal images that show movement. A flock of birds in motion are favorites for me. Very nice work.

dale
Thank you

Really like that first shot.

The whooper is really just a document that I saw the bird. Too far away for any detail.

Hey Nick, thank you for the nomination to the front along with the kind words. I do love being out ont he river this time of year!