1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Crazy for You

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aerostat56, Jul 11, 2008.

1. The regular photographer canceled out at the last minute and I was asked to fill in. These are of a high school play this weekend put on as Summer Fine Arts. They were taken with my D40X and my OLD F1.4 50MM lens so everything is manual including focus and no flash
    The lighting director would not light the set with any brightness, I think he trying to solve global warming in one step so I was set at 800 ISO, 1600 is just too noisy. Then I PS the images with things I learned here.

Please comment on how to do better in the future as I am sure I will have to shoot more productions.

[ATTACH=full]217686[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]217687[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]217688[/ATTACH]

2. I think you did very well given the limited ambient light. The second pic is a little underexposed and the focus is soft. I try to focus on the subjects eyes but do appreciate the fact you had to focus manually which isn't easy with a moving subject.

Cheers

Ted:smile:

3. Thanks Taco

4. difficult shooting.... i shoot theater a lot
    you did very well

way to step in and SAVE THE DAY

they'll be very happy with your work

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.