Crazy Memorial Day weekend!!

We always go camping on Memorial Day weekend. When we heard the forecast this year we decided to postpone for a while. It was a great decision. Here are some scenes from my day here in my hometown today. We ended up with about 6" of the white stuff. Happily it's melting now.
_DSC5679.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
_DSC5682.jpg
_DSC5696.jpg
_DSC5708.jpg
_DSC5709.jpg
_DSC5713.jpg
_56D5698.jpg
_56D5679.jpg
_56D5706.jpg

Quite a striking way to celebrate the traditional beginning of summer. I don't envy you that!

Good to see you are still getting some good use out of your D5600. Well done.

Wow, SNOW this late in the year!!! Well, with an already-memorable year so far, why not add in a little extra treat like snow on Memorial Day weekend?!

Here we finally have had a relatively seasonable day, with plenty of sunshine and no rain, a rarity over the past several months. As I type I am sitting out on my deck with the iPad enjoying this delightful spring evening.......

Really nice images — my favorite is number 7, the red tulip (?) with the topping of snow.

Did your town have any sort of festivities or parade, or are they planned for this weekend? Here in the DC area things are going to be sadly quiet, which will be so unusual for this particular holiday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Quite a striking way to celebrate the traditional beginning of summer. I don't envy you that!

Good to see you are still getting some good use out of your D5600. Well done.
Thanks, Jim. I still like the D5600. I’ve been keeping all my cameras busy lately. I even used the D610 a couple of days ago.

Wow, SNOW this late in the year!!! Well, with an already-memorable year so far, why not add in a little extra treat like snow on Memorial Day weekend?!

Here we finally have had a relatively seasonable day, with plenty of sunshine and no rain, a rarity over the past several months. As I type I am sitting out on my deck with the iPad enjoying this delightful spring evening.......

Really nice images — my favorite is number 7, the red tulip (?) with the topping of snow.

Did your town have any sort of festivities or parade, or are they planned for this weekend? Here in the DC area things are going to be sadly quiet, which will be so unusual for this particular holiday.
It’s not unusual to have snow in May here. It doesn’t last long, which is good. Our forecast says that next Saturday will be 91 degrees! There is not much going on here. Pretty much every community activity for the entire summer has been cancelled. It’s all so sad. All the campgrounds are closed until June. We are going to try to go dry camping next weekend, which means we will just find a place in the woods somewhere to put our 5th wheel and camp without improvements.

Adding a little contrast to this thread (hope you don't mind, Terri!). Seems as though this Memorial Day Weekend was just not meant to be the usual kickoff for a fun summer celebration at all, either where you live or where I am. While yours was filled with snow, in my neighborhood, although we had seasonal temperatures and plenty of sunshine today, all we could do is look wistfully at our community swimming pool, which is all ready for sun and fun, but thanks to COVID-19 is still closed to access for now. I grabbed this shot with the iPhone as I stared sadly through the fence.....

Adding a little contrast to this thread (hope you don't mind, Terri!). Seems as though this Memorial Day Weekend was just not meant to be the usual kickoff for a fun summer celebration at all, either where you live or where I am. While yours was filled with snow, in my neighborhood, although we had seasonal temperatures and plenty of sunshine today, all we could do is look wistfully at our community swimming pool, which is all ready for sun and fun, but thanks to COVID-19 is still closed to access for now. I grabbed this shot with the iPhone as I stared sadly through the fence.....

View attachment 1661977
Yes. That is sad. I hear your area is hard hit right now.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom