Creating print for school and coach

I am not happy, it's not that WOW look I want to achieve.

Trying to edit with Elements 2...so have some limitations there.
I can uncrop some of the sky to get a lighter background for the lettering
Don't even like the title wording
Tried a few different colors below the girls, still not happy

What I am happy with, is the quality of the photo :) It's the creative stuff that's killing me.

I would give a copy to the coach and one to the school for their record case. Would carry a similar style over to individual photo for Lyn. Haven't approached the other parents about something similar for them.

DSC_11419a.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Its a cool pic :smile::smile::smile:

What about moving the title wording to a separate white area above the pic....it looks to be crowding the girls to me.

I like the colors of the lettering....did you try to match their outfits ?? :smile:

grey box

You could try a translucent "text box" rectangle between the text and the photo -- any light color to offset the text -- round the corners, bevel the sides, graduate the fill, whatever you like. It's a popular technique in PowerPoint.

Yep...there's lots of different ways to try....such as this. Here's a shot of our basketball team - not my best work, but the best I could do in the very short time I had. (Thanks to Bosslady for the PS work.)
V-8X10copy.gif

Mark,

I really like that. I know this is a stupid question, but it's so easy, I haven't been able to find the answer. How do you create not only one border, but two?

What font is that?

Mark,

I really like that. I know this is a stupid question, but it's so easy, I haven't been able to find the answer. How do you create not only one border, but two?

What font is that?

It was really easy for me. I just sent the shot to Bosslady, and she sent it back to me all dressed up. I'd be willing to bet that if you sent her a PM, she could tell you exactly how she did it.

L

Logan

extend the border via image > canvas size > pick size/color > repeat above process >... maybe theres an easier way, but i think its pretty simple heres an example using the above >>

D1d.jpg

PS, sorry for the weird picture, it was the first i saw in my album on photobucket that clearly showed the border

Last edited by a moderator:
Things I would do....and this is just me.

1. I would build a frame around the entire image...I use Logan's technique as well.
2. I would do a drop shadow on the top title
3. I would make the text below the runners smaller and more neutral to the track, keeping it a few shades darker.
4. I would then adjust the opacity of said text to about 60 - 70%.
5. I would possibly...and I would need to see the effect first as I typically hate this treatment...do a vignette around the edge of the photo to concentrate the focus on the center of the image and the girls.

Just my crummy 2 cents worth....refund available upon request :)

Things I would do....and this is just me.

1. I would build a frame around the entire image...I use Logan's technique as well.
2. I would do a drop shadow on the top title
3. I would make the text below the runners smaller and more neutral to the track, keeping it a few shades darker.
4. I would then adjust the opacity of said text to about 60 - 70%.
5. I would possibly...and I would need to see the effect first as I typically hate this treatment...do a vignette around the edge of the photo to concentrate the focus on the center of the image and the girls.

Just my crummy 2 cents worth....refund available upon request :)

I want double my money back, LOL

This has been put temporarily on hold, I spent better part of six hours the other night FIGHTING with my PC trying to create a DVD video for the team to play at their celebration party. Never did get it... Also thinking about opening up that thing in my pocket with all the cob webs and buying CS3. Emailed the coach for her new address in your neck of the woods, as she's moving over there next month.

I do like your ideas! Unsure about the vignette concept, it sounds interesting, but can't envision it. Really like the title concept. Will play around with the individual text colors, initially went with yellow for the high impact.

Thank you again to everybody offering suggestions.

This has been put temporarily on hold, I spent better part of six hours the other night FIGHTING with my PC trying to create a DVD video for the team to play at their celebration party. Never did get it...

Two words.......ProShow Gold

Best $70 you'll ever spend if you want to do slide shows....DVD, Standalone, Web stream....

Go here: ProShow Gold

Latest threads

Top Bottom