Creatures of the Black Lagoon

I haven't posted on the Cafe for a long time. I'm normally a D300s shooter but I just recently picked up a V1/10-30 combo to see what it was all about. Also got the 30-110, 18.5, and a FT-1. Yesterday I took the 18.5 out for a spin at Detroit Lake, Oregon.

The lake at shoreline normally covers about 5.5 square miles. During winter the lake is drained to accommodate the coming snow melt and yesterday the shoreline was about 120 feet below high water mark. At it's deepest point the lake is a little over 300 ft. deep (during high water).

No this isn't exactly the black lagoon but use your imagination.

DSC_21314.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_21455.jpg

DSC_21293.jpg

DSC_21302.jpg

DSC_21272.jpg

Desmond, you're right. It was midday and the lighting was flat but bright overcast. I'd driven by this scene several times this winter but never had the time to stop and shoot. My regrets becasue it has been better...

Hawk
, thank you very much for your comment. I've just begun to learn this camera. I shot at F8 as I'd read so much about diffraction on the N1's at narrow apertures. That and I was shooting handheld since I don't have a plate for this camera yet and shutter speed would have been too low for me to be steady. Maybe I should have had the 10-30 with me.

Ianmac, thank you. I should try to get there in the morning/evening hours but as the year progresses into spring and the light gets better seasonally, the lake fills up :rolleyes:

Latest threads

Top Bottom