Crested Butte Scenery

I recently went on a mountain biking trip to Colorado and Utah and was blown away by the scenery in Crested Butte.

This first picture was from the night we arrived in Crested Butte. It was a very clear night, and we were far enough from civilization that we could see an abundance of stars surrounding our very own Milky Way.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

After camping the first night at 10,000 feet above sea level, we awoke to a beautiful meadow of daisies and other wildflowers right outside of our tent.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The first shot is truly amazing and shows what we, who live in densely populated areas are missing.

The second is way too contrasty (on my screen) for my eyes and possibly has blown reds?

Thanks for the comments guys. I boosted the levels on the first shot a little bit to make the Milky Way pop, and I actually toned the contrast down a bit on the second shot.

Amazing shots...that first one is...wow. I remember visiting some relatives in Nebraska somewhere...North Platte I think...was just amazed at the number of stars. They just don't look like that here on the east coast;)

Dasies are cool too. What's in the background? It's clear enough to make me wonder what it is. Brilliant colors, musta been a beautiful morning.

...heading out to pack the camping gear;)

Thanks again for the positive feedback. Jerryshenk, the background of the second image features a couple of peaks situated around Lake Irwin just outside of Crested Butte.

I was in CB four times last year at different times and as you know, the photo ops are everywhere. However, the Milky Way shot I never saw -- guess I went to bed too early! Beautiful!

The first shot was taken at ISO 6400 and f/2.8 for only 30 seconds to avoid star trails and to keep the Milky Way blur-free. Basically you want to let as much light in as possible for a minimum amount of time. The longer the exposure is, the longer the star trails are. Thanks for your interest maraya, and good luck!

Both photos are great!
I also like the second one very much. Did you take it with the Zeiss ZF?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom