Crested Caracara from Viera Wetlands

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Nov 19, 2005.

1. My first trip to Viera Wetlands, what a place. A big thanks to Harry for spending the morning with me showing me around and giving me some insight as to how to approach shooting from your car.

Anyway, thanks to Harry and Gale, which I didn't get to meet but for sure next time.

Here's a few of the many hundreds of shots taken. On my very last morning, I took one last trip around the ponds and found this Crested Caracara sitting on the fence posts.

Not the best composition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

52484592.CrestedCaracara2.

Louie

2. Way to go, Louie! You should be extremely happy with these! Glad it wasn't a bust for you. Hope to meet you next time!

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Good stuff Louie
    Good looking Vulture and nice images to show him off!

4. Thanks Kevin and Ben. Kevin you were right on the lenses to bring. It takes a little practice getting used to shooting out of the window. I have to say, that Harry has it down, he can swing that 500mm around like it's nothing.

I've got lot of shots to sort through hopefully some are good enough for posting. For sure I'm coming back and this time going to spend a bit more time.

Louie

5. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Congrats on the caracara. They ain't all that easy to shoot. You got a flight shot and the last shot is very good. It was a pleasure shooting with ya.