Criteria to invite someone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hans, Feb 8, 2005.

1. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I wonder for example RFC,SanderMeurs,some of the Scandinavian guys can they be invited
    Is anybody screening newbies?

2. nah, after they let dewey and me in, they knew the standard for membership would never hold. :D

3. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Funny I had the same thoughts about myself !!!!

I like it already here

4. We aim to please.

I would love to see Sander here. Invite him for sure. He would be a great addition.

5. There goes Harris, trying to bad-mouth me again. Good thing my skin is like the proverbial elephant or I'd be off in a corner pouting all day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sander would be a great asset. I guess that my personal criteria is that I only invite folks that:

a) I'd like to be around, even in the real world
    b) people that I trust to be as considerate with invites as I am

My only concern is having the word "get out" and suddenly finding that good old Lizzy McCollister has shown up for real :cry: .

I like the fact that we all trust each other enough, but that also causes me to be concious as well, and to let the folks I invite know the same.

Hope that makes sense, sorry to actually be serious for a change, I promise it won't happen very often :wink:

6. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    pouting all day

Please take a look at your E-mail first,than go back in the corner!!!

7. Funny Bill, I didnt picture you with grey, wrinkly skin with coarse hairs all over the place, buy who am I to argue. :p :p :p

8. I already invited Sander a few days ago, but haven't heard back. He may be away.

I also invited CKling from Canada and he's checked it out but I don't think he's registered yet.

9. I already invited Sander a few days ago, but haven't heard back. He may be away.

I also invited CKling from Canada and he's checked it out but I don't think he's registered yet.

10. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Wow, I didn't know there was critera and it was an invite only board. I'm really honored to be here now.

A sugguestion to keep "unwatnteds out" - screen new sign ups. You can have some criteria like other boards where you need to be invited by an existing board member.

That way if a troll is invited by "accident" by an existing board member, you have the option of not only banning the troll, but the source. You could have like say 3 strikes before getting banned for inviting trolls.

Just a thought. Its nice to have lots of members though, as it helps keep our open minds and allows us (me at least) to see opossing viewpoints.

11. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Guest

Must not be any screening or I would not have been allowed in this place. It is refreshing compared to DPR.

Thanks Birger, for the invite!

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Greg,

There is a criteria for membership, and you meet it just fine. You must be a nice person to join. :lol: :lol: We just don't want any stinkin' trolls. :roll:

BTW, we would love to have Sander and RFC if they are interested.

Welcome to the Café.

Frank

13. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Guest

Thanks very much for making me welcome. This place is like a breath of fresh air! :)

14. I heard back from Sander, he's just really really busy and hasn't had time for the forums at all lately. So it doesn't sound like we'll see him here, but I suppose he'll visit and check it out.

I also just invited Joachim Gerstl and Bob England, who I've been helping with his 80-400VR and who just bought a D2H! I think in order to keep this place going we will need a critical mass of people.

15. Gregg,

Birger just beat me to it buddy. You were always on my list.

16. Anyone though about inviting Lee Stanstead from DPR?

He's posted some fabulous stuff from Italy and seems pretty friendly and willing to share his insights.

Rich

17. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Lee would be an excellent addition.

Thanks,

18. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hey Greg,

Welcome aboard guy. Glad you are here.