Criterium

I went to the Charlotte Criterium today. I had never gone to a bicycle race before. So, I was not sure what I was doing, and tried a few things. For this shot, I decided to see what I could get with a relatively slow shutter speed and flash.

D300, 1/60 sec. @ f/10, Sigma 17-70 @ 50mm, ISO 800, SB800 ev -0.3

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a very nice picture Cliff! it seems like the kind of thing youd see in an add online or on tv haha. Crits are great to shoot, well actually i love shooting all cycling in general. I think i love mtn biking the best, but for road definately the crits.

Thats a very nice picture Cliff! it seems like the kind of thing youd see in an add online or on tv haha. Crits are great to shoot, well actually i love shooting all cycling in general. I think i love mtn biking the best, but for road definately the crits.

Thank you, Charlie. Yes, the Crit was fun. I do not usual shoot subjects that require panning, so trying to catch subjects that are passing within several feet of you, at 40 mph, was quite a challenge.

Cliff,

I really like this image. I've shot a lot of bike races, but this composition gives me a bunch of new ideas. I like how the blur suggests the feeling you have in the midst of a high speed crit where everything seems to rush by in a blur. Yet, the rider on the right is "highlighted" and crisp conveying his extreme focused effort, especially showing in his eyes. Very nice.

How's that for an artsy-fartsy review :wink:

Dave

Cliff,

I really like this image. I've shot a lot of bike races, but this composition gives me a bunch of new ideas. I like how the blur suggests the feeling you have in the midst of a high speed crit where everything seems to rush by in a blur. Yet, the rider on the right is "highlighted" and crisp conveying his extreme focused effort, especially showing in his eyes. Very nice.

How's that for an artsy-fartsy review :wink:

Dave
Dave: I feel properly impressed with your artsy-fartsyness.

Nice shot, the effect is good, rear curtain sync ?

My onky knit would be that I think the in focus rider is too close to the right edge of the frame

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom