Critique please?

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by cwilt, Jul 11, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    This was my first attempt at moving water. I only had a .6 ND filter and could have use a lot more I think. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

2. Hi Charles,

Looks good to me .
    Nice capture. i wish we had such places in our flatt netherlands

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Alex,

It was nice to get up into the mountains and out of the city heat. This is about an hour drive out of Denver.

Paul,

That's what I wanted to know. I see something strange with the color as well and can't seem to put my finger on it. This shot was at high altitude on a clear day so maybe UV or IR contamination. Perhaps its the filter. :?

5. I think that how much blur you have with moving water is a personal preference. Your shot is pleasing and well done.

6. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    It's a nice shot, and I think the motion of the water is captured well. I would prefer this to a longer exposure where some areas of the water are blown out to completely white and featureless. I agree with Paul though that the WB/color seems a bit off; it seems a bit too cool/blue.

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    This shot was taken between 8000 and 10,000 feet and could explain a blue cast to the light. This was on the road up Berthoud pass on our way to Rocky Mountain National Park.

8. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    What about this version?

[​IMG]

9. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    That one seems better in that it has less blue cast, but now it seems too bright, washed out.
    Maybe run a little levels?

10. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Refresh your browser please, twig. I was uploading a replacement when you posted.

11. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Charles...

I think that I prefer the first image...when I began to read the thread from the beginning, you seemed disappointed with the first image. Personally, I think that you did a great job with it...just enough blur in the water...the second image is just a bit too much. You did fine with the first attempt.

12. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Frank,

So you like the first one? It does seem to have more pop, but also a color cast, that I will work on. I keep trying to post process to what I actually saw and that doesn't always make the best image.

13. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Nice shot - running water can be tricky.....

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beaitiful scenery. Love the water, but for me, odd one out, don't care for smooth water. I can't hear it.

Just like it natural

15. Charles i like it very much. Is it the only picture you took of those moving water?

16. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I only have two different captures of this scene. One without the bridge and one with. The one with the bridge has not been processed yet. Some may think it strange that I only took 2 images. I spend more time looking at the scene without a camera than I do actually taking the image. :)

17. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    The other view of the stream for critique.

[​IMG]