Critique requested...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by cwilt, Jun 5, 2005.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I am looking for comments on the compostion of this image. Thanks in advance for both good and not so good reviews.

[​IMG]

2. Charles, in general I like it, especially the intensity of the purple against the old wood fence. I took a piece of paper and held it just to the left of the diagonal wood elbow and liked the composition a little better. Try it and see what you think.

3. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    I like it. the wood really makes this shot.

4. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I will look at making it a tighter crop on the left. This think is loaded with buds that are about to open. Once this thing is fully in bloom it should be stunning.

Thanks for the comments. This was straight from the camera and the best composition I could get.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I like the picture. The diagonal wood - and especially the amount of detail in the wood pulls my eye away from the flower.

This isn't bad, because it keeps me with the picture longer than I would otherwise dwell. Here's the symmetry and eye movement I observe:
    [​IMG]

6. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Chris. Thats what I was looking for. :)