Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento, CA

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by gnagel, Sep 10, 2017.

1. I couldn't decide how to process these, so I went with a combination of high key and high contrast conversions. All photographs captured with my D800. I can't wait for my D850 to arrive!

1 - I was dealing with high, harsh light.
    p2510100488-4.

p2510100484-4.

p2510100490-4.

p2510100483-4.

p2510100487-4.

Thanks for looking...
    Glenn

• Like Like x 1
  2. Can't explain it but I really like #1. Nice series.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks Mitch...I converted most of my pictures from this location using both a high key and a high contrast approach. The building seems to lend itself to a high contrast photo...but for some reason I think I prefer the high key conversions. Maybe it works because there's so much white in the scene. Then again, I'll probably change my mind tomorrow when I look at them again!

Glenn

4. merlin

merlin

Oct 12, 2010
    Northern New Mexico
    Merlin Emrys
    Excellent work, Glenn, especially considering the harsh light. I definitely know about that, here in the high country!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks Marlin...the harsh light worked in my favor with the black and whites.

Glenn

6. Crisp and clean lines, especially on #4. Well done.

7. Looks quite Art Deco and, as always Glenn, you've captured it beautifully. Like you, my instinct would have been to go for more contrast, especially to help the lettering to stand out, but these work well.

8. Thanks Gordon
    Thank you

Glenn

9. Bart

Bart

Sep 20, 2009
    Excellent compositions and processing choice, Glenn!
    It suits the subject marvellously!

10. Thanks Bart...much appreciated

Glenn

11. Not simply patient, but tenacious! These are among the most amazing harsh light shots! Well done Glenn.

12. Really great use of straight lines and curves. Your choice of post-processing is a terrific fit with them.

13. Thanks Nick...I think the harsher light helped with the contrast in some of the black and white photographs.
    Thank you, Mike

Glenn

14. I'm partial to #5, but each is well shot. I'm not sure the D850 could do much more with the contrasty lighting. From 9:00AM to 5:00PM the light can be really horrible here in sunny CA.

15. Thanks again, Ted

Glenn