Cropped photos when printed.

I have two image templates that I had sized to 4x6, but are slightly cropped after being printed. How can I correct this so that my images retain their complete content?

I have PSE 14; Affinity Designer & Photo; NX-D, but I'm assuming one of the first two will be enough.

I don't print myself. I send them to Adoramapix.
Would this still apply?
Edit for added comment: Where in Photoshop would this be in? I've used the cropping tool to crop to the. Would I be going about this correctly? I've heard much about aspect ratios, but I'm afraid I don't understand them enough to appreciate their purpose at this point.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
I don't print myself. I send them to Adoramapix.
Would this still apply?
Edit for added comment: Where in Photoshop would this be in? I've used the cropping tool to crop to the. Would I be going about this correctly? I've heard much about aspect ratios, but I'm afraid I don't understand them enough to appreciate their purpose at this point.
You should stop thinking about the target size and instead concentrate on the aspect ratio. For 4*6 that is 6 divided by 4, which is 1.5.
So if you have 2000 pixels in one direction you need 3000 pixels in the other direction, because 3000/2000 is again 1.5.
You can set the cropping tool to the aspect ratio you need.

In Photoshop the setting I mentioned is in the Print window.

It is possible that your templates are specifying various things that tell Adoramapix to print exactly 4*6. But they perhaps use a setting that crops the image so it doesn't risk going over the edge of the paper. I don't know. You could ask them. Or you could compose the photos so you don't mind them being a bit cropped. Or print the photos yourself.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom