1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cropping in NX and PS

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by PLPhoto, Sep 25, 2008.

1. I'm trying to figure out why CS3 crops perfectly to my specified size, but NX doesn't.

For example, If I crop something in NX to 5x7 it's really 8.64 x 12.097.

Why does it do this?

2. The crop values only specify aspect ratio and not sizes.

3. DrJay32

DrJay32

Oct 14, 2006
    Colorado, USA
    With NX, crop to the aspect ratio you want first (ie, 8x10), then apply a size/resolution step. The crop tool in NX disregards image size and resolution.

-Jason

4. Ahhh, got it, thanks Jason and Kees.

5. Fit Photo

Can anyone explain the difference between using the "fit photo" step vs. "size/resolution" to resize an image for posting to the web in say, 800x600 format?

Thanks so much.

Joe

6. Joe, notwithstanding the confusion I caused in the following thread, check it out: https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=189936&page=2

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. If one crops in the viewfinder of thier camera to begin with. How could one use the entire image since it's already cropped to print an 8x10, 16x20 ect?

Or to put it another way size to an 8x10 or 16x20 without having to crop a quarter of the image out?

MikeT

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.