Cross-processing C41 -> E6?

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by little big man, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Has anyone had good results having color negs developed with E6? I read a recommendation to have it pushed 2-3 stops when doing so to help with contrast and color, but I've yet to find an example of a good set of results on the web.

Thanks-

Sean

2. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

Sorry, I really have no idea. I've only done E6 developed as C41. For that I just shoot and develop at the normal ISO.

3. overexpose by 1 and 2 stops... However, the best results is when slide film is crossed in c-41 abd overexposed by 1 or 2. Fuji is best...

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    As an experimental process, you'll get the best answers by trying it.

5. True; I got some film for free and am debating whether it would go to better use as an experiment such as this, or given to someone who shoots with that film and wants negatives.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Oh, experiment! As long as you 'publish' your results here, that is! :Wink:

7. At the risk of sounding toopit. IF memory serves me right... Is not E6 for processing slides? I know C41 is for prints.

8. You are indeed correct. So, cross processing would be developing say slides in the C41 chemicals meant for negatives. But, you can do the same thing in the curves menu of PS CS3 without having to permanently alter your originals.