Critique Crowns (also called coronets)

Harold "Doc" Edgarton's photo of a milk crown or coronet in 1957 is a famous milestone in the history of photography. He is widely regarded as the person who launched stroboscopic photography into mainstream photography. So, now that I'm making drop art photos, I absolutely had to venture into photographing a few crowns with reflections.

Notice that the second photo displays a pair of crowns. The purple stripes in the bottom of the first photo are a texture from InfiniteTexturePanel.com.

Mike 2020-07-10--033B-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike 2020-07-10--035-S.jpg

Mike 2020-07-10--043-S.jpg

Last edited:
This one is made in a style I haven't seen, though, admittedly, I've only been viewing drop art images a few months. Though I consider it a good start, execution of the concept needs improving. It's a lot easier to copy popular styles than to come up with a new one. :eek:

Mike 2020-07-10--067-S.jpg

Thanks, Tom!

I have always wanted to play with drops but using oil and heavy cream.

I would be willing to drop heavy cream into oil but I wouldn't be willing to drop oil until I feel abundantly confident that I could remove it from the valve during the cleaning process or at least that it would never adversely affect the valve. I'm new at this stuff so, at least for now, I'm running only water-soluble products through the valve.

By the way, all of the photos in this thread were made using primarily or entirely heavy cream.

Thanks, Tom!

I would be willing to drop heavy cream into oil but I wouldn't be willing to drop oil until I feel abundantly confident that I could remove it from the valve during the cleaning process or at least that it would never adversely affect the valve. I'm new at this stuff so, at least for now, I'm running only water-soluble products through the valve.

By the way, all of the photos in this thread were made using primarily or entirely heavy cream.

I have found a heavy cream that is rated 10%, most here is much less, 4/7%. I do not have any apparatus/valves as of yet. My Lost photography motivation is no help either.

Latest threads

Top Bottom