cruise series continued

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Robert, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2007
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    All very nice
    On the sail boat image. If larger, does the over sharp go away. That is a beautiful image.
    I know at small sizes the effects sometime show funny on the net.

The last one reminds me of one I took that reads Crab Taxi on the side:))lol

3. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Thanks for commenting Gale. I think you're correct concerning issues with smaller sizes. The action I used does produce an over-sharpened look, and at 33% it looks good, but not all that different from what I see here.

I have several pics of water taxis which I may process and post. I wouldn't turn down a ride on the zodiac.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Willl look funny at 33% need to go to 50%. Check and see what I mean.
    I have a heck of a time sometimes with sharpening things like fine lines (or feathers) :>)) Especially for the net

5. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Fine details are always a challenge. I have been looking into some alternative selection techniques, as well as USM, although I really wish the software technology would grow to perfect the process so that it's easier and faster. The USM on this image has not been pumped at all...that's what the action produces. :smile:

6. neat stuff!

7. Robert

Robert

Jul 24, 2005
    Canada
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for looking...appreciated!! :smile: