Crystal Clear Day--At Grand Teton NP

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    We made another trip back to Grand Teton Park on Saturday for another small hike. It rained very hard Friday night in the park, so Saturday morning the air was very clear. It was so much fun taking photos under these conditions. Haven't post processed all, but here are a few completed ones that I am happy with. The gallery is here:

http://www.pbase.com/terrif/grand_teton_and_jackson_wyoming_area

Taken with the kit lens and a circular polarizer.

Mount Moran and Jackson Lake

The Teton Range

View attachment 12614

Jackson Lake

View attachment 12615

Jenny Lake

View attachment 12616

Teewinot

View attachment 12617

Colter Bay

View attachment 12618

Haven't touched the ones from the hike yet. It was a great day--the park was beautiful beyond description.

Comments and suggestions always welcome.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Terri...those are absolutely breathtaking. Talk about capturing grandeur, Gee Whiz! Thanks so much for sharing!

3. Oh wow! Terri, those are great! I especially like the low hanging clouds on the first ones. I'd love to shoot some mountains one of these days. They'd be easier than birds, I think! :)

4. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Frank,
    Thank you so much. I go there often and this was one of the best days to be there, ever. Usually there is some haze, but not on Saturday. It was a fun day.

5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Hi Kevin,

Not too many mountains in Florida to photograph. I can guarantee that mountains are easier to shoot than birds. I love doing landscape photography. Going out into scenic places is one of my favorite things to do. My husband loves it as well, so we go as much as we can.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my photos.

6. Just fantastic that first one deserves a prime spot on your wall somewhere very nice Terri

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Good idea--I'll finish post processing then print my favorite as a reminder of such a nice day there.

8. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Very, very nice Terri. All a beautiful, but the jenny lake shot like a dream.
    makes me want to be there.

9. Stunning!!! absolutely stunning shots, Terri. These are amazing, and very crisp. You shooting handheld or tripoding? Sure makes me wish I lived near some mountains....

10. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Jenny lake is like a dream--very magical place. Hope you can visit there someday. Thanks for commenting.

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    All were shot handheld--forgot to pack the tripod. Glad you enjoyed. It is a beautiful, wonderful place that I never get tired of visiting. Thank you for your compliment.

12. Beautiful series Terri, nicely done, luv #4 . I hope you printed a few and put them on your walls, great job!

13. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Just breathtaking, everyone! What a joy to view. Thank you for taking the time to share.

14. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Your first shot Terry is just ... uh, Wow! All of 'em are good!